Hubby & I spent 1 night at the Fairmount Scottsdale Princess during our trip to Arizona.
After 4 days of hiking trails and seeing the beautiful sights of Sedona, AZ. we were on our way back home and took 1 night in Scottsdale. Our intention was to see what Scottsdale had to offer, but we never made it out of the hotel!
From the minute we arrived, the staff was friendly and welcoming. We arrived a little early and our room wasn't ready, but we were given access to the pool and the grounds to wait. Our room was ready within 30 minutes of our arrival - still before the "official" check in time.
The room was beautiful! Clean, nicely decorated and in a quiet location. The bed was comfortable, the linens were clean and fresh, and plenty of towels in the bathroom.
After we got settled, we headed to the pool. It was crowded as it was mid afternoon and the weather was great, but we found a couple of lounge chairs, ordered 2 Pina Coladas (delicious!) and settled in. The pool is beautiful, big enough and there are plenty of lounge chairs available.
We ate dinner at Bourbon Steak House. We were seated promptly at an outdoor table which was lovely. The food was delicious - though overpriced and the atmosphere was pleasant. Unfortunately, we were seated next to a large group of "business men" who got louder and louder as the evening progressed (and they drank more and more wine). No matter, we enjoyed our dinner.
The next morning, we ate at one of the hotel restaurants with a beautiful view of the golf course. The service was "relaxed"...which is ok with me as I wasn't in a rush. The food was great - omelet, hash browns, coffee, juice and more than enough.
When we booked our stay, we knew we had a late flight home, and asked for a late check out. We were told this would not be a problem. Upon check in, we asked about the late check out and we were assured that it would be ok....Guess what? It was! We had the option of staying in the room till 3:00 pm for free or paying a 1/2 day charge and keeping the room till 8:00 p.m. We chose the second option which allowed us to relax at the pool all day (85 degrees and sunny!), shower, pack and enjoy some drinks at the bar all before having to give up the room.
I'd definitely recommend the Scottsdale Princess if you're staying in Scottsdale. Nextime hopefully we'll venture out to see more of what Scottsdale has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you set foot on the grounds of the AAA/CAA Five Diamond Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, you are surrounded by a mystical landscape of lagoons, fountains, fire pits, colorful desert plants and expansive green spaces – all set amid the sun-drenched Sonoran Desert and the majestic McDowell Mountains of Arizona. Blending exquisite pampering and warm, personalized service with alluring Spanish-style architecture and outdoor adventure, the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers all of the superb amenities you expect from a world-class destination resort: -Lavish Well & Being Spa, featuring a variety of spa, wellness and fitness services -Two championship-level TPC golf courses, home to the Annual PGA Tour Waste Management Phoenix Open -Six sparkling heated pools, featuring waterslides, cabanas, poolside service and a 9,000 sq. ft. white sand beach -Five award-winning restaurants and lounges, with something delectable for every taste -316,000 square feet of flexible event space, including both indoor and outdoor venues with two conference centers -Trailblazers Family Adventure Center, offering a wide range of onsite activities to keep kids happy and engaged -Personalized Concierge services, offering access to exciting activities to satisfy everyone ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Prestigia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Scottsdale Hotel Scottsdale
- The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Fairmont Hotel Scottsdale
- Scottsdale Fairmont
- Scottsdale Princess