“Beautiful View”

McDowell Mountain Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Entertaining and challenging 18-hole golf course, which has attained the coveted Audubon Signature Status, stretches 6,624 yards at par-71.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited there for the first time and enjoyed their Happy Hour. The drinks were very good and also a very good price. Our food was also very good.

All reviews
"twosome"
"wildlife"
"facility"

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I Golfed here today. We had a great round. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful. Rangers keep play moving. Reasonable price for February in Scottsdale. Would definitely recommend this course.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

Staying in Scottsdale in February it's hard to find a deal on a golf course. Most courses are in the $200+ range. Reading some mixed reviews on McDowell Mountain GC I was somewhat hesitant but made afternoon reservations anyway because it was half the price of the resort hotel course we were staying at. When I made the on line reservations for some reason the earlier tee times were only for 1 person and the earliest I could get was 2:45 for my wife and I. Reservations made and as I checked a bit later I noticed another open spot for 1:45 for 2 players. I called the course and the woman (I'm sorry but forgot her name) was happy to change our tee time to the earlier one and it was even a few bucks cheaper. Got to the course and and checked in with the golf shop. Everyone was very friendly. We were paired up with Rick I was told, he's a member and that's his boom box over there. I thought "oh great, we're playing with the club pro, Rodney Dangerfield" and I'm a bogey golfer. We got our cart and met the starter (Tito), super nice guy and gave me tips on certain holes of where to hit. Just a great guy and I could tell he enjoys his job and working at the course. Up came Rick and his buddy Bill. We had a great time playing with them listening to music the entire round, laughing and joking around. Rick wasn't the club pro, but he was pretty damn good (don't get cocky Rick). Course was in GREAT condition and played very well. I will definitely return and play there again. Play was a bit slow, but I attribute that to the foursome in front of us that were doing shots and spending 10 minutes on the green putting.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

I've played here several times, have had great lunches and the views are wonderful. BUT the restrooms ( if you can call them that) on the course are HORRIBLE! They are POORLY done, a hole in the ground with a toilet seat on top, that's about it. No water, just a sanitizer soap, that was empty in both restrooms. I feel they REALLY need to step it up. I've played golf all over the place and have never seen restrooms like the ones here. I think you can do better!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We proceeded to the 1st tee where the starter was giving 'the talk' to the four some ahead of us. Staying a bit behind, we didn't hear it. When it came time for us to tee off, he was nowhere in sight; well, somewhere behind us talking to a couple of locals. No, "Have you played the course before?" "Let me tell you something about this first hole", etc. Mr Personality. As we continued to play, we encountered the Marshall on the back nine--no "How are you folks doing?" "Everything okay?" No smile, no conversation, even though we were waiting. NOTHING! Things didn't improve when we went in for a drink after the round. Sitting at the bar was, well...I could have enjoyed the ladies room more. Our bartender was a clone of Mr. Personality (see above). When you sit at a bar, you expect some form of conversation such as a pleasant greeting. Again, nothing. The only employee who was personable was the bartender when we walked in around noon on our way to use the restrooms. He literally shouted "Welcome, folks" across the room. Maybe management should use this personable fellow to do some motivational training for the staff. Phil, do something!

It seems the morale at this course is at a low.
Having said that about the staff, we thoroughly enjoyed the course, the views and in general the facility. A bit of training for the personnel would/should result in a great improvement in the overall enjoyment of this property.