“AMAZING SERVICE”

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed 3 July 2012

just checked in today for a two night stay and the staff at the hotel has been amazing. the front desk was quick to check in and very courteous. The bellman was great too and had my bags in the room before i even parked the car. The have a great pool with a long lazy river and a ok waterslide, i noticed they have kid and even adult activities through the day, we didn't take advantage of today but are hoping to do so tomorrow. The drinks by the pool were reasonably priced which is a very pleasant surprise. i wanted some extra coffee, love the pod style coffee makers and housekeeping happened to be outside my room working on another room, i barley had the words out and the housekeeping attendant had several coffee pods, new cups, etc in my room. I am in room with two beds and the only negative i can find is the beds seem tiny, but i normally dont book doubles so that could be why, they are very very comfy and I called the front desk to ask if they had any rollaways and of course two minutes later it was in my room. I came for a fun little staycation with my kiddos and had considered a few other properties before booking Kierland, if you are considering it I wouldn't hesitate it has so far been above and beyond in every sense and i cant wait to wake up and have another fun day with my family

Room Tip: 5th floor has great view of the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jj21398
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed our Resort, and felt well taken care of. Our goal is to provide the best service possible, and we will gladly share your experience with our associates. We certainly hope to welcome you back again for another staycation. Thank you for being a valued guest of The Westin Kierland.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We took our young grandson here for a week. He just loved it. We had a two bedroom lockoff that was just beautiful. The smaller of the two sides had both a separate bedroom and living/kitchen area. My grandson kept telling everyone he had his own suite. The furnishings are beautiful and comfy. Westin always gives you great beds. Outside on the patios, we could see hummingbirds and rabbits.

There are activities at the resort if you wish to participate. They had lots going on around the pool. You can also drive or take the shuttle to the hotel pool. They have a lazy river and a huge pool here. Both sides have adult pools if you want to get away from the kids.

We also liked the food at the villas. We had some nice lunches here. Most are really adequate for two people. We will definitely return with the rest of the family. I own at the Westin St John Resort and Villas. This is superior in every way.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Maclinda50
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed The Westin Kierland Villas, and that your grandson took a liking to having his "own suite". As a villas owner, we know you have many choices in where you getaway, and we thank you for choosing Kierland. It sounds like you took advantage of many of the amenities and activities we have to offer. We hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

Lovely hotel -- comp coffee in lobby, iced water in many locations, $25 OPTIONAL fee that includes not only Internet access but access to the spa, steam room, showers, jacuzzi, and shuttles. Having this fee optional goes a long way toward endearing me to the Westin brand. I'm getting tired of resorts charging daily substantial fees when I don't even use 25% of the amenities. The hotel is quite beautiful -- vistas are some of the best I've seen of mountain sunrises and sunsets; the entrance palm trees are all the same exact size -- how do they do that? Staff was quite professional. The hotel is green, and by that I don't mean "fake" green where everything you touch, read, see says they are green. I mean they are really green. $5 coupon every day delivered under my door b/c I opted not to have my sheets and towels replaced. Water bottles in room. Water urns throughout property. A lot of other stuff they do but they don't hit you over the head with it. The spa was lovely - not huge, nicely decorated in natural stone and colors. Spa attendant was professional and did a great job. Went twice to the spa. The adult pool is quiet quiet quiet -- and there was a conference for children when I was there. An attendant brings you a pitcher of water and cup complimentary. Another attendant takes drink orders. And did I say there are misters in place to keep you cool? Dog and children friendly. And lot of Scottish tradition with the resident Scotty and a sunset bagpiper. I would definitely return to the Kierland.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank saltkettle
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback from your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Resort amenities and scenery. We strive to provide a renewing experience for our guests, and it sounds as though you were able to relax while you were here. Our green efforts are taken very seriously to ensure they are effective for our guests. Thank you for sharing your appreciation, and for taking advantage of what is offered. We certainly hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Kierland.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

The Westin Kierland is in the top 5 of all the Westin's I've stayed at. From the moment you check in the staff is welcoming and friendly. What I love about this Westin are the nice balconies overlooking the golf course and McDowell mountains. The Pool is amazing and there is solid nightlife in the nearby plaza or a short cab ride to many other locations. The only downside I would say is for golfers. The golf course charged 150 bucks for an afternoon tee time. I understand it was peak season and the course was in excellent shape, however, it's a typical resort golf course with no character. Plenty of courses in the nearby area that are 50 percent cheaper.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course and mountains.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sam M
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your feeback from your stay in April. We love to hear that you felt welcome at our property, and that you enjoyed your overall stay. As always, we will share your feedback about your golf experience with our golf management. Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I just got back from a two night stay at the Westin, this is my second year staying there for a work conference. The rooms are nice. They are not very clean and my shower had severe drainage issues which was unpleasant. After my first night, I noticed a few itchy bites on my leg, arm, foot, and neck. I thought I had gotten bitten by a bunch of mosquitos. Then when I had a few more the next morning I was a little concerned. Fastforward to the following week, as many of my coworkers and I exchanged stories, several of us had made comments about the mosquitos being really bad in AZ... Then when a co-worker found several bed bugs in his luggage, we were QUITE CONCERNED. The hotel *of course* denies any bedbug issue and is claiming to have had Orkin do a full search in the rooms mentioned. Needless to say not all of my coworkers were affected. Unless you are a gambler and feel like rolling the dice on possibly bringing home bed bugs, do not stay here.

Room Tip: Go with an exterior room away from the main towers facing the parking lot. Unless you like bed bugs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
12  Thank sfw_2011
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I am personally surprised and deeply saddened by your review. We have been very open and honest from the very beginning about the strict protocols we have in place reviewing bed bug claims and our extensive efforts in working with our housekeeping teams in identifying any problems. I’m disappointed that you have not felt we were being anything but truthful with you. We take any claims regarding our cleanliness and bed bug activity extremely seriously.

As you know, we work with Orkin, who is a third party and unbiased company, whose expertise is identifying and eradicating any bed bug or bug activity. As in all bed bug claims, we immediately activated our protocols and contacted Orkin who thoroughly inspected your guest room, your colleague’s rooms and all the surrounding rooms and found no bug activity; including and most importantly, bed bugs. We shared this information with you, your co-workers and your company immediately and were relieved at the findings, as we were hoping you would be as well.

On behalf of all the associates here at The Westin Kierland Resort, we take great pride in our property and in the fact that our mission is to be transparent, honest and work with integrity in everything we do.

Stephanie Dowling