“Great Location for Scottsdale”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #74 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Location for Scottsdale”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed for a week during Spring Training. It was a five minute walk to Old Town Scottsdale and a five minute walk to Scottsdale stadium. The room was a little small but it was fine for us. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was basic, but everything worked great. We paid $68 a night and for a small kitchen, it was worth the money. It was clean and a good value for the money. We would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rosieox
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boston
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my second year at Homestead Studio Suites. For the price, this hotel cannot be beat. They recently upgraded their rooms. New paint, flooring and flat screen TV's. The rooms are small but come fully equipped with a breakfast nook with 2 chairs, full size refrigerator, stove, microwave, toaster, sink, pots, pans, plates, cups, knives, and forks. Also included in their room rates are free WiFi. They also upgraded the pool area with new furniture. Although the pool is VERY small and has only one umbrella and table, there are plenty of chaises. There are also on-site laundry facilities with 5-6 washers and dryers which is a big plus. The location is perfect. You can walk to Scottsdale Stadium, and all the bars/restaurants and shopping in Old Town Scottsdale. There is also a Walgreens directly next to the hotel where you can buy anything you may need, including beer, wine and liquor. The Casino is a short 15 minute drive. This is by no means a luxury resort and I'm not sure my wife would be willing to stay here, but it is perfect for a guy trip for spring training, golf and some nightlife. We each had our own rooms. Two to a room would be a little cramped, but doable. We stayed a week and they cleaned our rooms midway. They did a terrific job. I've read some of the poor reviews about hard mattresses and bedbugs. I actually found the mattresses firm and comfortable. Bedbugs can be found at the priciest of resorts, so I guess you're rolling the dice no matter where you stay. Bottom line. This place offers a decent, clean place to sleep at a very reasonable price. I have paid more in taxes at other resorts than I paid for my room rate here. I will surely be returning next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canaligator
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 17 March 2012

How much time does one really spend in your hotel room anyway? If the weather is great out and there is lots to explore, then I would say, not much.

Homestead Studio Suites in Scottsdale offers nice clean, rather basic rooms with the added benefit of being able to fix one's breakfast or provide for your wine and cheese in the afternoon with their small kitchenette. The rooms have been recently updated a bit. What we like is the location to Scottsdale Stadium during Spring Training. It is only a 3 block walk. Also, it is only a few blocks from the 5th Ave. Art area in Scottsdale. The price is reasonable. The rooms on the North or far South side are a bit quieter. There is WiFi and the staff is fairly helpful. They will print out boarding passes for you in the office.

This is our go to place when in Scottsdale for Spring Training. We have stayed in better and worse places, but have come back here several years in a row.

Room Tip: Rooms on outer North and South sides are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Junbug4
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Phoenix - Scottsdale. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was going to stay for 4 nights...reading was. The room has been updated for the most part, although you will pay a deposit for $75 (you will get you money back when you leave). However, the biggest gripe I have is the sleeping bed. HARD AS A ROCK. Being a fat guy, I could not sleep for 8 hours, most likely 2-3 hours then my back screaming in pain. Plus, the wifi connection would not let me sign in, even though it was free. I left after 2 days to go home, partly the hotel. So if you like an extra firm mattress, stay here. If not, you may want to stay at other hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Catkins0522
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Scottsdale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Travellers are raving about these Scottsdale hotels

Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband has been in this hotel less than 2 hours and has found bedbugs. I have him booked in somewhere else, but the night desk attendant is telling him he can't refund his money. Bad news!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business