“If you like extra extra firm mattress, this is the place to stay...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
“If you like extra extra firm mattress, this is the place to stay...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was going to stay for 4 nights...reading was. The room has been updated for the most part, although you will pay a deposit for $75 (you will get you money back when you leave). However, the biggest gripe I have is the sleeping bed. HARD AS A ROCK. Being a fat guy, I could not sleep for 8 hours, most likely 2-3 hours then my back screaming in pain. Plus, the wifi connection would not let me sign in, even though it was free. I left after 2 days to go home, partly the hotel. So if you like an extra firm mattress, stay here. If not, you may want to stay at other hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Catkins0522
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Scottsdale - Old Town, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Phoenix - Scottsdale. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband has been in this hotel less than 2 hours and has found bedbugs. I have him booked in somewhere else, but the night desk attendant is telling him he can't refund his money. Bad news!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Rachelle B

Travellers are raving about these Scottsdale hotels

Burlington, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Very happy with the whole experiance of staying here! we used all the ammenities, laundry swimming pool.

Room Tip: 283 upstairs from the pool!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Says it's newly renovated but only portions of the room. Carpet is a mess - wont go barefoot. I'm afraid to sleep on the bed. Bathroom is gross. Kitchen is beat up. Walls are recently painted and a new fake wood floor. It's like they they did parts of the room but not all so its mix and match. Most tenants seem like they are transient. Outside of building is stained and ugly they could clean it up. I realized that these rooms do not get daily cleaning - thats part of the extended stay deal. The down side is that when you leave they do a quick once over and that adds up over time (less cleaning = dirty rooms). If this is listed as recently renovated I'd hate to see what an old one looks like! I'm out of here after one day. It is cheap with a kitchen and walking distance to old town if you can stand coming home later.

Room Tip: Go to the Motel 6
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business