Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
HAVASUPI FALLS

Highly recommend this company and especially the guide Jason Hamberger. He was so nice and... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2018
Z2695CMheatherc
Sandy, Utah
Havasupai Trip

JRI adventure company provided a great experience into the land of the Havasupai People. The trip... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2018
ghanarxgurl
salt lake city

All reviews backpacking trip bright angel grand canyon south rim air mattress outstanding trip guided trip every step of the way havasupai falls bucket list gear roughing hike blisters grandview kaibab hermit
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and I completed a 4 day-3 night South Kaibab to Bright Angel Trail over March 30 - April 2 and found it to be a truly amazing experience. Our guide Larry was extremely helpful, making sure that everyone stayed safe and offering whatever help was needed. I personally started off the trip not feeling well and he was noticeably attentive to my physical condition to make sure I stayed hydrated and as well fueled as possible. We made it down and after a good night's sleep on the comfortable mattress and sleeping bag I was able to enjoy the indescribable beauty and vastness of the canyon the remainder of the trip. The food was plentiful and tasty and having all of the gear provided was priceless. The only problem we had was that the tent zipper was very touchy and often frustrating, but once again Larry was always there to lend a hand.
The company's ample advice on training and preparation was excellent and they were always happy to answer any questions we had before the trip to make sure we were comfortable. This was our first backpacking adventure and they made it as smooth as I could have possibly hoped.

Reviewed 31 March 2011

Our guides were the best ever! Fun, knowledgeable, and, most important, really easygoing. We had a great time - the trip started at 9AM and ended around 1PM. We thought it was a great value and would recommend to anyone. Just don't forget your sunscreen!

Reviewed 26 March 2011

The Grand Canyon is a natural wonder to be savoured. It was a real privilege to go down the Hermit Trail for 4 days with 4 other hikers and our guide. We were well cared for and I felt safe doing a journey that at times definitely challenged me. It was well worth it!!!

2  Thank beemerrybee
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Ray took us on a half day hike of the Sunrise Trail. His professionalism and attention to detail were indicative of his competence and knowlege. Although his company does mainly multi-day hikes he accomodated us as we had received a gift certificate for a Just Roughin It Adventure. Thanks Ray!

Date of experience: January 2011
1  Thank srb2
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We hiked the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim with this company and from the moment we got in the van for our drive to the North rim our guide Russ made sure that our adventure would be fun, informative and safe. The equipment was superb, especially the ground mattresses. The food was great, and the views were the best. The company gave great guidelines on how to get ready for the trip. The office staff was great they answered all our questions. I can't say enough about our guide Russ. He was the heart and soul of the trip making sure we were comfortable all the time. We are definitely doing another hike with this company.