“The best Brunch ever from a foodie!”
Review of Maple & Ash

Maple & Ash
Get food delivered
Ranked #240 of 1,284 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 400
Description: Originally founded in 2015 in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood, Maple & Ash is an innovative take on the traditional steakhouse - mixing a modern aesthetic with authentic service to deliver classic wood-fired dishes. With a sumptuous menu crafted by two-Michelin-starred Chef Danny Grant and a wine list named "one of the most outstanding in the world" by Wine Spectator, Maple & Ash finds a way to
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

OMG! What a fabulous brunch place!!!

We flew to PHX from SBP for a long weekend. The plan was to have an older couple who were neighbors of ours on the central coast and one of their sons with wife wife join us. We had planned a brunch at the Phoenician, where we are staying but for whatever reason, they are not doing it. (Covid, Delta, whatever.)

So the lovely Concierge team suggested Maple & Ash!

When they went online, nothing was available. But they called and were able to get us a reservation for 6.

Long story, short! They could not join and my husband and I went.

Again. OMG!

A lovely ambiance!

Despite their dress code, of which we had no idea, they let us in. I had the most gaudy, bright shirt on.

We had the most lovely server, Kyrri! But the whole staff took care of us.

We opted for the What the what the F prix fixe.

It was incredible! More food than I can eat. And delicious!

Thank you all staff!

and another post script:

Seeing some other very bad reviews:

We were at first not happy with the loud music. Once we realized that there were many party tables, we realized why. Had there been no loud music, the conversations at the other tables would have been quite disturbing.

Overall, the $150 pp brunch was a great deal considering all you get. I'm not a brunch fanatic, but if do a (Covid/no buffet) brunch, I would consider this one of the best.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed 5 August 2021 via mobile

Great food top notch service. We had servers thoroughly explain our dishes we ordered. Service was fast too despite being very busy. It was expensive but very enjoyable.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 25 June 2021

Dinner at Maple & Ash was one of the strangest experiences I have ever had in fine dining. Apparently, we were engaged in a speed eating competition that they failed to tell us about. We had just finished our entrees when our waiter informed us, “Maple & Ash has a two-hour limit, which you have exceeded. Would you mind moving to the bar to have your dessert?” Never mind that we had waited 45 minutes after ordering for our wine and appetizers. Never mind that our reservation was at 6:30PM and his demand arrived around 8:00. Arguing made him more adamant we relocate. We left without dessert, pursued by the manager who vacillated between apologizing and defending our ejection.

The food was great. The scene was hopping. The volume in the dining room rivaled a Ramones concert. But none of that matters if guests are expected to finish a 36-once ribeye at the world-record-setting pace of competitive speed eater Takeru Kobayashi.

Date of visit: June 2021
5  Thank StevenAndrea
Reviewed 20 June 2021

As with many Scottsdale destinations, this is a "place to be seen" rather than a place to find exquisite food.
The Ferrari parked on the sidewalk, should have been a dead giveaway that it was all about the pretentiousness as well as the word F@CK on the menu & as part of the marketing image. Inside we found the bar and ordered a couple of $40 martinis while waiting for our table. Admittedly, I did ask for 3 Olives and top shelf Gin, but we were rubbing shoulders with the elite, so I expected to pay more . This is a big place with various open rooms and tables spread throughout and even a side patio which has been enclosed for summer.

So with the optics taken care of, we sat down for a meal that we had been looking forward to. The seafood tower was very impressive with the halved lobsters on the top plate but the bottom plate was much less so with just a handful of oysters, mussels, shrimp, clams and a solitary scallop, but it shows well on the table.

We continued on. We couldn't go past the amazing sounding aged steaks and the full rack of lamb - fire roasted to perfection... our mouths were watering in anticipation. My wife's medium-rare came out as a well-done and my "chef's choice" came out as severely underdone on the lamb, even for my normal blue-rare taste. Oh well, the dogs will enjoy the bulk of the 28 day aged bone-in rib eye.

My wife told the waiter about the mismatch and the response was "Well it is Saturday night and the kitchen is really busy"

The saving grace was the staff. Clearly overwhelmed, they were doing their best to cope. At least they turned up! Very friendly and attentive - well done and thankyou.

I'll pay good money for good food, but not for rubbing shoulders with people who want to be seen rubbing shoulders.
I am sure this place will fit in with the wanna be crowd, but it is not for me - off to a Scottsdale seafood place next - hopefully not a similar scene.

Date of visit: June 2021
3  Thank John O
Reviewed 18 May 2021 via mobile

Really a treat! Fabulous, hip, fun restaurant. Super menu, vast cocktail and wine list, unique food, great ambience. super expensive but what a treat!

Date of visit: May 2021