Be prepared to lug suitcases up 3 flights of stairs if your room is on the 3rd floor! It is an older hotel that does not have any elevators. The rooms are located in various buildings on the grounds. Our building had rooms with the high desert view. If you don't want to lug your suitcases up lots of stairs make sure you request a room on the first floor which only requires climbing one set of stairs! Our room was comfortable enough but you get a sense the entire hotel needs a facelift. The pool looked lovely but we did not use it since it was a chilly day. The front desk people were friendly and hospitable. The restaurant has beautiful picture windows. We only had a bite to eat for breakfast which arrived quickly. The staff was friendly. I would try the hotel again but would request a more convenient room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover simplicity, beauty, and understated elegance. The Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico combines the essence of the Old West with spirit of Old Mexico. With its acclaimed cuisine, championship golf, and memorable vistas, Esplendor Resort offers an exciting place for travelers to enjoy the beautiful scenery and history of southern Arizona. The 179 comfortable guest rooms are adorned with evocative Southwest furnishings. Just 40 minutes south of Tuscon, Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico will transport you to another world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esplendor Resort At Rio Rico Hotel Rio Rico
- Esplendor Resort Rio Rico
- Esplendor Hotel Rio Rico
- Rio Rico Resort