“The most pleasant Hotel I have ever stayed in”
Review of Hassayampa Inn

Hassayampa Inn
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Prescott
Mesa, AZ
“The most pleasant Hotel I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Hassayampa Inn over President's Day weekend, it was truly a wonderful hotel. The desk clerk and bell service was exceptional, very well-informed about the hotel and the historic Prescott downtown area. We arrived a few hours before check-in time and they allowed us to check in early. The bellman escorted us to our room, a beautiful large corner room, and made sure everything was to our liking. The room had flat-screen TV, full bathroom, and everything looked to be in very good condition. The bedding is exquisite, and I didn't hear any noise during the night, and I got probably the best night's sleep of my life. The hotel also has a beautiful lobby with pianos and a fireplace, very inviting and a great place to mingle with fellow travelers. I would highly recommend staying at the Hassayampa Inn, and I plan on returning there every time I find myself in the Prescott area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I booked the Valentine Special for my daughter and I. We upgraded to a double Queen Suite for a small price. It was nicely decorated with antiques and the beds were very comfortable. Sitting room was spacious and much larger than I expected for a historical hotel. The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. The Valentine special included a $100 dinner gift certificate in the hotel's restaurant, call The Peacock. Food was good, service was slow. One negative: the gift certificate did not state that alcohol was not included in the $100 allowance, and our bill totaled less than $100, but the restaurant forced me to pay for my glass of wine. Most restaurant gift certificates apply towards food AND alcohol consumed. Not sure how legal this was. That was the only downside of the trip. The hotel has a very good location 2 minutes from the City downtown square, with lots of shops and art galleries.

Room Tip: This hotel also accepts Pets! But not in the Queen double suite.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
I’m pleased to learn that, overall, you and your daughter enjoyed a Valentine’s escape at the Inn. Thank you for noting your experience in our Peacock Room, and bringing the dining certificate to our attention. I apologize for any confusion you may have experienced. Typically, it is our policy to exclude alcohol from our special offers. In this case, however, we clearly made a mistake by not indicating our policy on the certificate. I’m very sorry that the situation was not handled properly. I’ve discussed this issue with our restaurant manager and wait staff in order to avoid any similar mistakes in the future. So, thank you for your productive feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to host you and your daughter again.
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 15 February 2012

What a marvelous time we had ... can't wait for another excuse to return. Everything was PERFECT. Right down to the chef's complimentary chocolate cover strawberries after our scrumptious dinner. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was courteous and helpful and the food was delicious. And we'll be back, soon I hope.

2 Thank azminx
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 February 2012

My wife & I celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary at the Hassayampa Inn. We stayed three days and two nights and our stay was just a wonderful experience. The room was tastefully decorated, the restaurant was a delight for our "big evening" out and the staff was outstanding. Special kudos go to Vanessa at the front desk. Her attention to detail and exceptionally friendly attitude helped to make our stay a very memorable occasion. We can't stop talking about what a nice time we had. Thank you all for a truely wonderful experience.

Room Tip: If all rooms were as nice as ours, the other rooms surely must be nice too.
1 Thank denmansf
Hermosa Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I've stayed twice at the Hassayampa, most recently the last weekend in January, and I just love it. It's beautiful, comfortable, reasonably priced and convenient--and the staff is wonderful. The desk clerks, the dining and bar staff, housekeeping and everybody else could not have been friendlier or more helpful. It's been my experience with other hotels that one or two of the staff members are outstanding but everybody at the Hassayampa earned that designation. I've tried other hotels in Prescott, but this one is definitely my favorite and will remain my first choice for future visits to this town.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get upgraded from double beds to queens.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Michael K, General Manager at Hassayampa Inn, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hassayampa Inn. I was happy to learn that our staff exceeded your expectations and delivered service worthy of such a flattering review. Thanks for your return business. We look forward to your next stay!