Holiday Inn Phoenix-West
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
Hyatt Place Phoenix - North(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
US$ 77
US$ 70
US$ 63
FourPoints.com
US$ 62
US$ 105
US$ 95
Red Roof Plus+ Phoenix West(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
US$ 58
Red Roof
The Clarendon Hotel and Spa(Phoenix)(Great Value!)
US$ 114
US$ 76
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

US$ 77
US$ 71
Priceline
US$ 241
US$ 202
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 228/night.

US$ 214
US$ 159
  • Pool
All reviewslot of traffic noiseslow elevatorhousekeeping staffhotel experiencesofa bedeasy accessstadiummaidchannels
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The Hotel is currently going through an upgrade, there is no Gym or swimming pool avaliable, and the reception area is a mess.

Room although clean, had no refrigerator and the A/C unit was noisy.

Room Tip: Call ahead prior to booking, I'm not sure when the work will get done.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AlanFD
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

We apologize for any inconvenience the renovation might have caused. Once it is complete we will have a fabulous newly renovated lobby, restaurant, bar, pool, fitness center, meeting rooms and a newly renovated executive level floor for all our VIP guests. Please give us another try after September 1st. Mary Newland, General Manager

Reviewed 27 May 2011

It's on me as I meant to book the Holiday Inn Express West (Goodyear) but booked Holiday Inn Phoenix West. I was traveling with my recently graduated 23 year old son; helping him move from Golden, CO to his new job in Tucson, AZ. We stayed in room 321. This is my third stay at a Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express in seven days.
The Good:
The staff -- very helpful, very polite, very nice
The location -- right off I-10, easy to locate
The room -- fridge in room

The Bad:
The location -- right off I-10...could be noisy. I always ask for an upper floor and with the AC running, we had no problems even though we faced the highway
One elevator -- plan to spend time waiting, and waiting, and waiting,..
Business Center -- saw one by the front desk; only one computer in a small room. One person on the computer and one standing by the door waiting.
WiFi -- Never was able to connect. Spent the night at a HIE in NM the night before & had no problem. Stopped at another HIE during the day to make reservation for this night & had no trouble. I eventually signed on via the Red Rood Inn WiFi. Oddly enough, my son was finally able to connect to the WiFi after the front desk contacted corporate and corp re-set the system. (Again, very helpful at the front desk!)
WiFi -- No option to purchase a secured service (as was offered at the HIE we stayed at in Bernalillo) so was limited in what I was able to accomplish via my son's computer.
"Restaurant" -- Is in the bar which is dark and dated. Mediocre food at high prices. One person working behind the bar...who was taking care of everything, including room service. She was very nice but, due to only one person working, service was lacking.
The hotel -- dated. It looks and feels like effort has been made to keep things up, and even improved, but sometimes cosmetic face-lifts only go so far.
The room -- 90% clean: windows to outside balcony were dirty (looks like a dog's nose prints all over the window). Few outlets...the outlet on the desk lamp had the fridge plugged into it. Hate having to crawl under the desk to plug things in...I always travel with an extension cord and could have used another one. We had two computers, two phones, iPod, iPad, and a battery charger for my camera. We rotated items in order to charge them all. Our HIE in NM had more than enough outlets to handle our items.
Mattresses, mattress covers, sheets all seem very new and were clean; no rips, stains, etc. (I always look but just can't bring myself to use a black light - would probably never sleep in a hotel again, lol). Nice blackout curtains on the windows too. Pillows looked new but were cheap foam, most already lumpy.
Effort has been made to update the bathroom but it's still small compared to HI and HIE that have been built in the last few years. I'm a towel snob and these rank about 5 out of 10. They were clean (not thin and no stains) but small and rather cheap.
Older TV but it worked well enough, don't expect flat screen. Newer phone. Used the iron & ironing board - clean. Seemed brand new; don't know if it was ever used before! Single cup coffee maker, good setup but didn't use.
Free B'fast: None offered - but then again, I booked the wrong hotel so that is my issue. You can purchase b'fast in the bar/restaurant but after dinner there the night before, we grabbed a bite on the road.
The location -- Not thrilled with what is, and isn't, in the area. Two fast food places nearby and other hotels. Not much else. Didn't seem anyone hanging around the area but it just doesn't have a good feel to it; I wouldn't go out here at night.
Pool/Hot Tub -- Son used both; hot tub was about the same temp as pool. Both clean.
Fitness room -- Per son: Some dumbbells, elliptical, stairmaster, and treadmill. All clean and in good repair, some pieces seemed to be rather new.

The other thing I noticed immediately...upon checkin (and then waiting at the front desk area for about 50 minutes while working on WiFi issues)...not one woman checked in. Watched over 4 men check in. In the bar/restaurant for dinner, 5 men at the bar and then 6 other men came in to eat. Mind you, I had no issue with any of the men but it was odd that none had a wife/girlfriend, and no woman checking in alone. I also didn't see any families. Finally saw one woman while we were trying to exit the elevator to go to dinner...she just barged in without allow my son and I to exit. Neither of us got a positive feel from her based on her behavior, dress, and attitude. Just made you wonder... Son said he did see a mother and son check in and one teenage girl at the business center when he went down to the pool but still, very few woman and families.

Not my cup of tea and not the place for families but I would recommend to the solo male business traveler who wants things rather simple.

Room Tip: Double check the hotel name before booking!!
  • Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This hotel is supposed to be being renovated, but it does not appear to be moving very quickly. I found that the room was not well cleaned. The first thing I look at is the corners, along the baseboard. This area had accumulated dust and noticeable particles of dirt. The shower was not as clean as it should have been. Let's get rid of the old televisions. They desperately need a second elevator. I would remove the existing one and install a double bank of functional units. Glass walls are not required. The restaurant area appearance was very dated and needed to be completely remodeled. Painting baseboard that has been dented and damaged over many years does not qualify as renovation. Top set base would be a good alterative. Doors that are seriously beaten up should just be replaced.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Have stayed here countless times over the past 15 years and the new ownership has made a solid committment to the hotel with the renovated rooms and with more to come I understand. Service great proving that its the people not the building.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Traveled with young children 8/9 years old. Individual not staying at the hotel grabbed children, stared at them, and spoke suggestively to them. When the issue was addressed with the hotel staff, the individual was not removed from the hotel. On the last night of the stay, multiple individuals were openly smoking marijuana in the hallway.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank soccermom552
gmphoenixwest, General Manager at Holiday Inn Phoenix-West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Phoenix West, after investigation into this matter, there was no video evidence or security reports of anyone grabbing a child. This this sort of situation happened the person would be escorted off the property immediately and police would have been involved. We did have the police check into the gentlemen of accusations and he is not a pedophile or sex offender. We do have security on premise at night and there were no reports of anyone smoking pot on the property and if they had the officers on duty would have arrested anyone. Thank you again, Mary Newland, General Manager