All reviews burger theory living room landscaped courtyard front desk hot tub attached restaurant small balcony phoenix airport would stay here again pool area loved this hotel shuttle service nice property business traveler coffee maker business trip fridge and microwave
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We reserved a room with 2 queen beds. On arrival we discovered these rooms all overlook the huge and very noisy air conditioning units. We asked to be moved but we were still disappointed. The room had a very heavy smell which could have been room deodorizer. Bedding was worn and pillows needed to be replaced as they also were old and worn. The rooms are outdated and badly in need of remodeling. The hotel is about 5 miles from the airport and does provide a shuttle to the airport. The young lady working the desk was very pleasant and did her best to accommodate us. The smoke alarm starting ringing at 5:00 AM. It would ring a few minutes, stop and then start again. It was broken.

Room Tip: Most rooms open to walkway around pool which makes the room noisy.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Manager-HIPHX, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay, thank you for your feedback, we will make sure to look into these issues and get them corrected.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

First visit to Phoenix & amazing people I met in this hotel. The room was clean and everything was good. Only concerned hotel do not give bottle drinking water. However, I enjoyed my stay there because of the helpful staffs like Ms Holly & Mr Russ. Hope to see you again. Thank you.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Manager-HIPHX, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you so much for your comments Lee, hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

For an unexpected stay resulting from the "monsoon" and dust storms in early August 2018, the stay was unexpectedly positive, although not perfect.

Having booked from PDX via the IHG app after finding my connecting flight had already gone, a quick call to the hotel for a shuttle resulted in directions to the pickup point and guidance that it would be a few minutes... it was at least 15 and probably more. Just at the point I was going to call again the shuttle arrived. After a short ride we arrived at the hotel. The lobby was nice, appeared clean and welcoming... which was fortunate since there were a lot of us waiting to check-in. The shuttle load of us that arrived around midnight found a nice line already in front of us, so we did get to spend a little time out front listening to the water. The slow moving line eventually led us into the lobby to find one lone clerk working and a security guard providing emotional support and keeping the waiting customers from becoming unruly (customers were actually pretty well behaved until some people went to the front of the line to get their questions answered, rather than waiting their turns... and until there was an announcement of only 8 rooms left w/ a lot more than 8 people left in line).

Throughout my wait and check-in experience the desk agent maintained her composure and represented the hotel well. Security remained polite and professional as well. The most disappointing aspect of this was that the desk agent was stuck dealing with us alone. With the storms in the area and flights that were getting delayed hours earlier it was disappointing the hotel wasn't prepared for the flood of customers... and if someone was on call it is disappointing that they either didn't show up or didn't get called. After a 60-90 minute wait to get checked-in, I did get a room and managed a nice 3 hour sleep before getting up to catch a shuttle back to the airport. Said when the check-in process is almost as long as the time in the hotel room.

The room was great... a nice suite... huge shower... whirlpool tub... big bathroom... a nice sitting room... just wish that I would have gotten more than a couple/few hours in it... but that's not entirely the hotel's fault.

The desk agent and security were both still on as duty as I was checking out and both were still pleasant and professional, impressive in light of how the night seemed to have gone and the unhappy people that probably tried to check-in after me.

Desk agent and security both deserve some positive feedback for how they handled things.

Hotel needs a better on-call system to get help in there when a night like that materializes.

Reservation system apparently had some glitches... people made reservations and had confirmations, but it sounded like there were not going to be enough rooms to go around (hopefully it worked out).

Communication between facilities needs to get better. Hotel was reportedly told that the system establishment down the street still had rooms, but customers who had contacted the other hotel were told they didn't have rooms and that the Holiday Inn airport north had rooms available.

If the shuttle would have been more timely and the check-in process would have been shorted, then I'd probably have given 5 stars. It was a nice clean hotel with pleasant staff with a great price (under $100 is refreshing in this day)... and the hotel didn't seem to be trying to take advantage of the weather situation, so overall very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Manager-HIPHX, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Arriving from UK, this was a 1 night stop over on route to Grand Canyon. Much better than expected. Spacious room for 4 with additional seating area. Grounds small but pleasant to walk around/sit in and great bar/restaurant on site.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Manager-HIPHX, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Thank you for your comments, we're glad you had a nice stay, if you're ever back in Phoenix hope you stay with us!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Was only planning on staying one night to catch our flight the next morning but due to flight cancellation was forced to stay an extra night. It was a nice modern clean property with comfortable rooms. I booked a suite package but there was a mix up on my reservation and I was booked for a standard room. After some argument we were given our suite only to find out upon check out that I was charged an upgrade charge even though my rate was supposed to come with a suite. That issue was resolved quickly with a call to customer relations as they refused to fix it at the hotel level. The other issue was that they tried to over charge me $32.00 for my room rate then what was very clearly published on the website. That was taken care of at the hotel. I have been a reward member since 1999 and either way this should have counted for something. Customer service on the hotel level could have been much better. Yes, with all that being said. I would stay there again. The suite was wonderful, beds comfy and property clean and convenient.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family