All reviews ak chin pavilion courtyard brand front desk outdoor pool is nicest hotel perfect stay business trip room was clean restaurants and shops free wifi very nice hotel hotel staff easy access definitely stay here again freeway lobby amenities
Reviewed 24 September 2018

The reception area was clean and staff is nice and attentive to what you need. Room and bathroom was clean and cool (nice you don't have to get there and worry about cooling the room down to be comfortable) and the Pool was nice and clean. Had family visiting from NM we had a great time at the pool with the kids. Kids really enjoyed the pool and they were surprised there were towels out by the pool. Towels were clean it would of been nice if they had a bar area open but we were told bar was closed. After family was done having fun then it was parent night out with football game to watch.

Date of stay: September 2018
Katie W, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear 81lnoemi

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvisor,. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you comments, and they will be shared with the entire team. Our Bistro is open for breakfast in the morning, and in the evening the Bistro Bar is open at 5pm and closes at 10pm, and on football nights we have some really great specials. We do hope the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area, we get a chance to share your family fun again!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This was our second time at this Courtyard by Marriott. We had friends from out of town stay there as well, since we were all going to the Indycar race at the newly owned ISM, previously known as PIR. Again, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Since it was very hot, the guys went to the track for practice, and my friend and I decided to relax at the pool and hot tub. I didn't get to check out the pool when we had stayed there the year before, and really missed out. We both agreed it was one of the nicest hotel pool areas, especially for being so close to two freeways. It was quiet, clean and felt like a wonderful outdoor retreat. Eventually we had to leave and get cleaned up, and decided to try to watch qualifying in the hotel. The staff was so helpful in finding the channel on one of the TV's in the spacious lobby and eating area. The hotel offers a wonderful menu, and we ordered a few appetizers and drinks.

The hotel does not offer a free breakfast, but has a great menu to choose something for all appetites. The eating area is spacious and clean. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was helpful and accommodating. I wish we could have stayed longer. I was greatly disappointed when I heard that ISM & Indycar would not be partnered up for 2019, and most of that would be from missing out at staying here at this hotel again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Katie W, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Dear Kathryn B

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to hear that you and your party enjoyed your stay AGAIN! We do strive to provide superior customer service, and it looks like we hit our goal again. Your comments will be shared with the entire team to continue to motive them. We do hope that we get a chance to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I spent the night here for a concert I attended on this past Saturday night at Ak Chin Pavilion. It is clean, modern, and has friendly efficient service. Rooms are clean and well appointed, coffee in the rooms, free wifi (I don't know how well it worked, I wasn't on it much). I got a good rate probably because it's summer, but still, good rates are hard to come by sometimes for nice clean hotels and in the Courtyard brand. It was harder to get to this time, because I-10 was closed coming from the east side and I had to detour with a lot of semi-trucks and automobiles doing the same. Separately there was a fatality accident at 91st avenue to detoured me from my detour. I was glad I was able to come early and have time to manage this, and get an alt route for returning FROM the concert. The parking lot filled up before my eyes with other traffic from the concert. This is a good clean hotel priced affordably in this area, I would go again. I live in Casa Grande and did not want to commute home after the event, because I was attending something else the next day in Phoenix (saving the turnaround and time)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Dachrist

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor, we do appreciate your kind words and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on providing superior customer service. We do hope the next time your travels bring you to the Phoenix area we get a chance to serve you again!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel. The room was amazing and they really took care of us while we were there on our honeymoon and visiting family. We would definitely stay there again and plan to do so in the future. Thanks for making our honeymoon remarkable!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Katie W, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

I am thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. I am even more thrilled that our team was able make your honeymoon special. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Congratulations again on your marriage!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The pool is extremely small ... The front desk during afternoon hours a white female was extremely rude ... Not smile not welcoming at all ... My son had an iron fall on his head from staff not properly securing iron in socket ... I asked a lady at from desk for an ice pack and she didn't help not had no cocern nor did she get me an ice pack ... She appointed me to a bar and told me to ask them ... There was one gentleman who hat was helpful during the evening hours.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Katie W, Manager at Courtyard Phoenix West/Avondale, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience you had with us. The only incident that was reported to the front desk that needed an ice pack was not for what you mentioned. I do apologize if the delivery of service was not met. Also, I am a bit disappointed to hear that you felt our pool is extremely small. We have one the largest pools in the area. We definitely are not as big as a resort pool but our pool is bigger than most select service hotels. I would love to discuss your experience with us further. If you would be so kind to contact me directly at 623-293-9571 or via email at kwashington@ncghotels.com. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you again for you time and for choosing Courtyard Phoenix West Avondale.