All reviews el pollo loco front desk room was clean nice breakfast spring training will stay there again yogurt we've stayed great place to stay great room continental breakfast first floor easy access loretta lq freeway microwave
Reviewed 22 October 2018

We had a pleasant stay at a nice clean motel while attending my granddaughters graduation ceremony at GCU. Our overall experience was very good. In retrospect I can say it was most likely the best choice that I could have made for the money and for the location I wanted to be in, I would stay again if I were to return to the area. I was especially impressed with one clerk named Loretta she was so polite and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank alancZ5120VG
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Price and newly remodel rooms were great! I used my reward points and was able to get great suite for little amount. Always glad not to have a hastle or pay more to have my dog with me. Breakfast wasn't that great but would recommend this hotel highly.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Shari C
Reviewed 20 October 2018

We've stayed here twice when visiting our daughter at college. The hotel is clean, rooms are nice, and beds are super comfortable. Staff is pleasant if not overly friendly. The breakfast is good with a nice variety. The area is okay. It feels fine during the day, but there were some prostitutes about a block away at night, and there are some sketchier areas surrounding the property. But overall we felt pretty safe and the hotel itself is worth it. It's also convenient to the freeway and there are plenty of restaurants and shopping around. We will stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank MomOf4Girls
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We have been going to LQ for almost 30 years. Its our place to stay on our getaways. I love making friends with the people there and sometimes find little gifts to give for their kids. Its a clean and being upgraded yearly, most LQ are just perfect for us the average vacationers. Nothing too fancy everything in place. Love LQ its our home away from home xoxox Maxine and Charles LoDuca

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I always read reviews but don't always write them. However, I wanted to warn people about this hotel. I usually enjoy La Quinta hotels but this one was terrible. The area does not appear to be safe and is not a place I would take my child near again. The hotel has been "updated" but it looks like a child did it. Stuff isn't aligned. Looks like they just threw some new paint on then walked away.

The clock in the room needed to be set but once you set it, it just keeps flashing. The room needs to actually be cleaned by someone who knows how to clean. The shower curtains are an ugly bright yellow and orange that don't match the "updated" look. The curtain didn't keep water from getting out while showering and were even put on backwards.

Now the trouble with checking in and getting a room...

When we arrived no one was at the desk. We waited for awhile until someone showed up. If you call the number on the sign at the desk the phone in front of you just rings and rings. Once someone finally arrived at the desk we were told the King room we booked months ago was not available. We were given a 2 queen bed, which is not what we wanted as we had a baby we co-sleep with. Upon entering the room it smelt like smoke. We asked for a new room and got a different 2 queen bed room.

Overall the rooms did not look nice or clean. We were only staying for a few hours, otherwise I would have found a different hotel. I paid with points for this room and talk about a waste of points. I didn't even get the room I wanted. When we asked the person at the front about the points we used for a room we didn't get she said management would call us. No surprise, there was no call from them. So disappointed in this will La Quinta and will warn people to stay somewhere else!

Trip type: Travelled with family
lq0853gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix I-10 West, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Traveler,
I’ve received your review of La Quinta Phoenix I-10 West. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation. I did send you an email and thank you for responding.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn and Suites once again.