“Great time well worth it!!!”

Turf Paradise Race Course
Ranked #53 of 234 things to do in Phoenix
Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Visited the track for the 1st time and was happy we did. From the first gate the staff was very helpful as we hadn't been there before. The food was all great and good prices. We've been to a lot of race tracks nationwide and while many are a bit older as is this one is its well maintained and all the staff was very helpful. It's $5 person for dining table which is common at most tracks. This is a family friendly place and good experience. We would visit this track again when we visit Phoenix.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I had high expectations for this race track as it's basically in the city and from pictures it looked really neat. I also used to work at a casino/racetrack and my expectations were high. Went inside and this place needs a MAJOR remodel! The smaller race track that I worked at could easily put this one to shame! I was planning on placing at least one bet on simulcast racing as the live racing wasn't going on and I was shocked that their TV screens were SO SMALL and there were plenty of people packed around the tables watching them. I couldn't even see the numbers or names of horses and jockeys! Wasn't a great experience, neat to see the actual track in person but other than that I was not impressed.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

The food was excellent especially the deserts. There was quite a
variety and the cakes were absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I hadn't been to the races in quite a while and decided we would go on Saturday. We got the club house tickets got a great table, We bet on the first race and lost, on to the next race, we bet and went outside to see the race and be right by the finish line, our horses came in 1st and 2nd, you can imagine how excited we where, we went up to cash our tkts out and to our surprise the women who sold us the tkts said our tkts were no good that they were for a race at the Keeneland track, we were shocked and said we bet Turf Paradise, second race and she said it was our responsibility to ck the tkts. We were NOT happy and this women acted like this happens all the time. We went to speak to a supervisor, and she said the teller should have caught it, but it still was our responsibility. However, not only did we get the wrong track she gave us the wrong race, race 8, we found that out because we did ck the Kenneland track race 2 and my # horse would have won that race, so I would have received some money, because the horse placed and did not win, but still better than nothing, but because that women not only sold us the wrong track it was the wrong race.
Lesson learned Check your racing ticket because apparently your out of luck if you don't and you have a winning ticket.
But we will NOT be returning to the race track, I thought it was handled very poorly and the teller was not helpful.
Because of her carelessness, our fun day at the race track turned in to a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT and we left after the 2nd race.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We go to the Valley of the Sun each March for Spring Training. We are there usually over two weeks, and need a diversion that is not baseball. Not that there is anything wrong with baseball.

We have made Turf Paradise a place we visit once a spring. Located in North Phoenix, it is easily accessible by freeway. Parking is free. Admission is $2 if you don't have a free admission coupon. Lots of race tracks are kind of sleezy, not Turf Paradise. Clean, well-kept, family friendly, and lots or room to move around. We usually head upstairs and sit in the grandstand in a group. Tellers are friendly, and helpful, as we bring new folks each visit. Also from up top you have a great view of the desert mountains.

You can choose your level of betting, most of our crew does $5 or less per race, or not bet at all and just enjoy watching the horses run.

It is a great day out, and part of our Spring Training ritual.