“Loud, obnoxious group ruined the visit...”

Seamus McCaffrey Irish Pub
Ranked #124 of 3,321 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Central City
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was on a business trip in the downtown area, and as I typically try to do, searched for an Irish Pub. This one was a few blocks away so I gave it a try. I had just arrived downtown on a Sunday afternoon, and sat down around 2 PM. Pretty lean crowd. They had Smithwick's on tap, so that was a good start. I had their fish and chips - a little unusual on the presentation but good taste. I overheard one of the workers say, 'The owner is coming in...' A few minutes later a very loud group of around 20 half drunk people came in - I assumed on some sort of pub crawl? By the time I finally was able to get my servers attention and pay my bill, I had a headache. Ruined a good meal...

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (192)

Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

This was a good Irish bar. The staff was friendly and the service was fast. The shepherds pie had cheese on it which is different but it was still very good. Small bathroom for such a big restaurant/bar

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank bigfrank0
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

This place in downtown Phoenix has the feel of a real Irish pub - dark, a little dank and full of cheer. I had a doxie with chicken. It was tasty and filling. The Guinness on tap was cold and refreshing. We’ll be back.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 20 February 2020

Great atmosphere. Good Irish food. Sound level low enough to carry on conversation. Service also very good.

Date of visit: February 2020
1  Thank 304ty
Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

4.5. Good corned beef. Not too salty. Great boxy. Good service. The iced tea was not the best. But- this is a pub, so that is not a sin. The boxty had a great crust.

Date of visit: January 2020