“Good Value Western Style”
Review of Old Country Buffet

Old Country Buffet
Ranked #1,162 of 3,314 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Recently went to their competitor, but for lunch. OCB is good value. They do make money by charging extra for beverage, so they should be better, but not by a lot.
Salad bar consists of fresh vegetables and made salads; potato, cole slaw, cucumber, and a few others. Thursday night was roast beef and ham at carving station. I liked their meat loaf. Good selection of cooked vegetable dishes, none gourmet, as with meat dishes, though I prefer the competition-GC. Dessert selection somewhat equal, but GC offers scooped ice cream selection. Whipped cream goes to to OCB. Plenty of
Parking and Seating

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I love Buffet's when it comes down to having a big family dinner. Been to plenty in my time but sadly this one was kind of the worst. Some of the food was very dry and hard to get down. I try getting a little bit of everything and the best thing I got on my plate was the Mac and cheese. Maybe this happened only the time I went but I'm willing to give every place a second chance

1  Thank andrewecamarena
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My co-worker turned me on to this place. I don't understand the negative reviews, this is a great buffet for less than $10.00. There's a salad bar, taco bar with flavorful ground beef taco meat. Great fried chicken, baked fish, tasty meatloaf, pot roast, decent pizza, good desserts and ice cream. Tons of sides like green beans, corn, potato salad, pasta salad. This same lunch buffet would cost you $29.95 in Las Vegas. The staff are friendly and the food stations and restaurant is clean. I will definitely be coming here once a week for lunch.

1  Thank Yoipitydafool67
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

We paid $7.99 per person for all you can eat including drinks and dessert. For the most part, food was very fresh and tasty. Lots of choices. I actually had meatloaf, baked chicken, fried fish, baked fish and fried shrimp. The fish was the only part of the meal that may have been out too long but the rest especially the chicken was perfect. All the veggies and salads were great. There was also a taco bar but I didn't try it. Lots of desserts but I usually get a snicker doodle cookie with vanilla ice cream with hot fudge. There was no wait and parking was close. Restroom was clean.

2  Thank EHPhxAZ
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

If you set your expectations accordingly for a low-cost buffet, then I think you'll be pleased. Despite being fairly quiet on a Friday afternoon the food kept coming out hot and fresh.

The roast chicken is among the best items but the fried chicken, mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese are good too.

Plates were promptly cleared and it was a cheap and not bad lunch overall.