“Personality Plus Best Cheesecake Ever!”

Greek Town Restaurant INC
Ranked #197 of 3,258 Restaurants in Phoenix
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North Mountain
Description: An authentic.affordable.Greek neighborhood restaurant.Serving fresh Pita Sandwiches.seafood,salads,lamb,pasticio,wines,imported beers,full bar,plus many daily specials.Great place for special events,or a quick meal on the run.Family run for over 40 years.
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

The owner of this place is so cool! Just get whatever he recommends. He's hardworking and fun - a native New Yorker, which you can tell immediately. The food is excellent. The best calamari "in the world." He's first generation and this is a family place. The cheesecake with the baklava on top is a MUST. Even if you don't have room for it. Get it. They have Greek beer - who knew?

3  Thank ajmuzz

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this place per reviews on here and I'm so glad we did. We had a great time. This restaurant is family owned. George one of the owners was waiting on us-he has one heck of a personality. He is funny but can be loud too. But don't let that stir you away. Food is delicious. They have Greek drinks-beer, wine, etc. George raves about his calamari being the best, although we didn't have any, the table next to us also raved on it. The pita is homemade and you can definitely tell. I feel the portions are big, I couldn't finish my gyro platter. But you have to try the one dessert the have, baklava cheesecake!! BEST baklava cheesecake I've had in a long long time!!

3  Thank Maegan F
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This place doesn't look like a place you would necessarily drive by and want to go see what's inside. An acquaintance took us there for lunch and we have returned several times. The calamari is the best we have ever found. We have tried several items from the menu and all are outstanding! We took some friends there for a birthday lunch and they can't stop raving about the atmosphere and the food.

4  Thank rustymalone
Reviewed 19 January 2017

If you are looking for exceptional, authentic Greek food, Greek Town is the place to go. Usually, at lunch, I only opt for a main course, but on the advice of the owner/waiter, my friend and I split a calamari appetizer with a most delicious garlic sauce. The main course came with a tossed salad with house dressing--subtle, light, and flavorful. For the main course, we each selected the eggplant with mozzarella and pasta from the vegetarian offerings. No complaints. Wise choice. We decided to go for desert, too. As with the appetizer, my friend and I again followed the owner's recommendation and split--a white chocolate baklava with homemade whipped cream. Divine! As far as drinks with our meal, I had freshly made iced tea and my friend had homemade lemonade. Neither of us regretted our choice. One of the best meals from appetizer to desert that I have had in quite a while. I was full, but not stuffed. All courses worked together, complimenting each other. Portion sizes were just right.

Other pluses: There was no issue with my friend and I sharing the appetizer and the desert courses. In fact, we were encouraged to do so. We were each were provided with our own plate and fork, with the item to be shared on a separate plate. Silverware for serving was provided, as well. The courses were served with excellent timing--as soon as we had finished a course, and not before or with any delay. The owner was very outgoing and made every effort to be sure we enjoyed our meal and experienced the restaurant's family specialties in a very warm, friendly, unobtrusive way. He succeeded in making us feel at home while we enjoyed a leisurely and very satisfying lunch.

Great food! Great atmosphere! Great personal attention from the owner! I will definitely be a repeat customer.

3  Thank casualtraveler886
Reviewed 1 December 2016

Don't let the outside fool you. Inside you will find a great menu. I loved the feta and olives. Perfect. The gyro was the best. The owner really is a character. Great experience.

4  Thank Louise D