“Excellent!”
Review of Pomegranate Cafe

Pomegranate Cafe
Ranked #158 of 3,459 Restaurants in Phoenix
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Revitalizing food and pure flavors are at the heart of what we do. At Pomegranate emphasis is on a new way of eating – utilizing fresh organic ingredients to prepare food and drinks that tempt the palate and create well-being. We challenge the stereotype that healthy food is bland or boring. Our delicious vegetarian cuisine and beverages (from fresh fruit shakes to mouth-watering lattes) are created with the belief that taste and presentation are not compromised by the use of wholesome ingredients, but enhanced. Pomegranate Cafe offers a rich and deeply satisfying experience.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Our second time and will come back again, and again! Wonderfully fresh and varied vegan and gluten-free options. Had the Poblano wild mushroom tacos and blueberry lemonade with mint. Yum. Good service and reasonable prices for the high-quality food.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Two of my coworkers and I went to the new location at 7th street. The food was AMAZING. I am not strictly vegan but being lactose intolerant I love trying vegan restaurants because I know I can actually eat all the food. We did wait about 40 minutes for the food which was hard because we had to jet back to work but the host apologized multiple times saying they got hit with a lot of orders all at once. The food was worth the wait. I think next time we’ll call our order in and pick it up to avoid the extra time. All of our food tasted great and I loved the monster nachos. We had cookie dough chocolate truffles for dessert and they were absolute heaven. I highly recommend checking out this restaurant, even if you aren’t vegan. The food is amazing.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Pom has wonderful food and the atmosphere is nice however today was not as positive as my previous visit (7th Street location). We were greeted on entering and seated after a couple minutes then waitress "Natalie" asked if we had any questions about the menu and took our order. After about 20 minutes, I asked Natalie if we could have our drinks and her response was "I'm at the mercy of....we are short staffed". After another couple minutes, she did bring our drinks. We continued to wait with no additional interaction with the waitress although another lady came by to ask if we were still waiting on food and she would check on it. No word from her or the waitress even though Natalie did walk by several times. On taking in the activity, we noticed the kitchen prepared dishes piling up on the counter. It appeared to be so many that they were running out of room to place the finished dishes. Granted, they were busy however prepared food just sitting on the counter was concerning. At close to 45 minutes with no word and no meal, we were increasingly frustrated and while not their concern, I had taken a couple units of insulin prior to entering the restaurant in anticipation of being able to eat. At 45 minutes though, with mounting frustration and being alerted to dropping blood sugar, we decided to leave. Needless to say, it was immensely disappointing and very frustrating. Appearances can be deceiving so with the crowd attending the restaurant and lack of service, we can only assume this was either mismanagement of the restaurant, kitchen, and staff plus there not being enough staff or this was just a difficult day for them.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I am a vegetarian, so I hate to give this rating. I went for lunch on a Tuesday, it was not crowded. I ordered a salad wrap. After 1.25 hrs I still had no food and neither did anyone around me. That’s right, a wrap and over an hour. I don’t know what the issue was but some frequent guests suggested ‘that’s just how it is’. I didn’t have more time. I have never had a wrap in all my life that was worth this wait, I won’t be going back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

A great stop for anyone who is Vegan or Vegetarian. I had a nice salad to go with avocado, forgot the name but it was delicious! I also loved the ability to shop a little at the store within the restaurant. I will certainly be back and have a sit down lunch or dinner.