Review Highlights
A Perfect Day; a Perfect Ride

Reviewed yesterday
Joan D
Flagstaff, Arizona
Phenomenal ride, Exceptional professionalism!

Reviewed 2 days ago
Sherpa04689620412
via mobile

All reviews pilot jon balloon fiesta balloon ride champagne toast bucket list hot air balloon an amazing experience ballooning experience amazing ride balloon company meeting point post flight afraid of heights other companies morning ride chase crew perfect weather
Reviewed yesterday

We found this company on Trip Advisor. We were treating our mother for her 100th birthday. We booked a private flight because of her age, and she is tiny. Jon and Lindsay did a fantastic job. They were very careful, and explained exactly what they were doing and why. We would certainly recommend this company. It was a beautiful day.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

We had the pleasure of having Jon pilot for our Veterans Day event. He’s professional, courteous, super knowledgeable- the whole experience was spectacular. Only way to go!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a private morning ride for my girlfriend's birthday (a surprise for her). Neither of us has ever been in a hot air balloon. The crew was at the pick-up location on time and ready to go. They drove us to the take-off point and had the balloon inflated and ready to go in no time. All of them were friendly and welcoming. The ride from start to finish was smooth and without any incident. The pilot was friendly and he shared with us many points of interest from the sky. While I have not had experience with any other balloon company, I would honestly suggest not looking any further than Apex. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While not the "official" balloon company who is stationed inside of the festival, I was lucky to have blindly found Apex! It turned out to be better!! We did not have to deal with early morning traffic or crowds getting into the festival. We drove to a quiet location which was easy to find. We were on the second ride of the day, 1st one was booked. We followed and waited for the first ride to land, then got on the balloon and took off. That also turned out to be better for us, since we were the last ride of the day, there was no rush to come down. When we finally did land, we had extra time for our champange toast and balloon prayer. John our pilot was great, this is not just a job for John, this is who John is. He was very nice and explained everything. It was less expensive than booking within the balloon festival and well worth it. I would recommend going with Apex and don't be discouraged if you don't get on the first ride, first is not always best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were 2 couples in our group. I booked this company after reading TripAdvisor reviews, and being it was Balloon Fiesta week, reserved it back in May. We knew Saturday would be super busy, so we flew on Friday, 12th, which was perfect weather thank goodness.
Captain Taylor, from Arizona, was very knowledgeable and accommodating. He had 16 passengers in his basket. Everything went prefectly well.
We loved every minute of it !

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My sister and I decided to take the sunrise balloon ride. It was the first ride for both of us (she's 50's, I'm 60's) and it couldn't have been more spectacular. The balloon held 16 people and for the most part we were spellbound. Taylor was our pilot and it was a very smooth launch and landing. Since we went during the Balloon Fiesta we were able to enjoy the view of the mass ascension in the distance. It was a wonderful experience. If you've never done this before, Apex is the way to go.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I cannot say enough good things about this company from the communications to the experience it self. I failed to read the email and failed to show on the morning of my flight. I was at the Albuquerque ballon festival. Jon called me and rescheduled me for the next day. Very accommodating and pleasant crew. I whole heartedly recommend Apex.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so scared to try this, I am so afraid of heights! The basket is very comfortable, you are not packed in and have plenty of room to turn around and be comfortable. The other thing that surprised me is how smooth the ride is, no bumps or jerks! It is so quiet up there, you can hear everything, it is an amazing experience! Do not hesitate to book this trip, you will be so glad that you did it! They definitely put your safety first! Great company, people, and our pilot was great! Our landing was very smooth as well!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

For my 70th Birthday I decided to take a balloon ride with Apex. A balloon ride had been on my bucket list for a while. What an amazing experience! Pilot Jon and his crew were wonderful. The flight was everything I’d hoped it would be. I highly recommend this group. They answered our questions and made my experience a memorable one. Kudos to Apex! I want to go again!!

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Oh my gosh. I don't even know how to express my complete and utter enjoyment of this experience. It really is almost beyond words. Jon and his crew at APEX Balloons are incredible. A sunrise balloon ride was on my "bucket list" It was everything I had hoped it would be and more. I think I might be afflicted with "balloon fever" now. I will definitely be doing this again AND I will most definitely be booking with APEX the next time I am in Arizona. Keep up the great work Jon. :)