Westin Phoenix Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsheavenly bedservice expresscorner suitethe club loungeoffice buildinglight railroom serviceconvention centerbeautiful hotelvalet staffchase fieldpool deckrooms are largebusiness travelself parkingking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stayed at the Westin overnight to attend a baseball game at the nearby Chase Field.

Our room was ready when we arrived, a spacious room overlooking the mountains. The room was large, well appointed and comfortable. We had booked a room with club access, More on that later.

After the baseball we stopped in at the hotel bar for a drink and had a nice chat with the
thoroughly bored bar lady, she was delightful but when you are the only guests in the place the atmosphere is a little lacking, later at the club lounge we found it to be the same. In summary a very well appointed hotel but probably the wrong time of the year to visit.

I have a few gripes which lowered my rating. These mainly relate to the hotel constantly trying to pinch money from us at every opportunity. The bar prices were pretty high $11- ++for a small glass of wine! In the Club Lounge they actually charge bar prices for drinks, haven't encountered that trick before.

The one thing that REALLY annoyed me was this, in the room we were provided with two bottles of "complimentary" drinking water. After we returned to the room after dinner I decided to have a nightcap of a couple of whiskey miniatures, as there is no mini bar I called room service to deliver these, as we tend to drink a bit of water I asked them to bring us four extra waters at the same time. Another first, I was presented with a check for $12- for what was offered in the room as complimentary! My double scotch ended up costing $40-!! (took half an hour to arrive as well)

I questioned this at checkout and basically just got a shrug of the shoulders and a smile.

It was an OK stay but we left feeling a little cheated.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chililover
bdellergo, Director of Operations at Westin Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Chili Lover,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. I hope you were able to enjoy your visit to the Valley of the Sun and enjoyed your baseball game at nearby Chase Field - I think most would agree that it's a great stadium to watch a ballgame in!

I thank you for your feedback with respect to your Club Lounge experience and the pricing of your beverages. We do offer a great happy hour 7 days a week in our Lobby Lounge, and our house wine selections start at just $8 per glass any time of the day.

I thank you again for sharing your feedback. We would love to welcome you back to The Westin Phoenix Downtown upon your return to The Valley of the Sun.

Be Well,

Brian Dell'Ergo
Director of Operations

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at the Westin in Phoenix June 18-25. In all ways it was a memorable visit. We were treated royally. The room was so comfortable and it was the first time I have ever slept well the first night. The food was great, well prepared, and local as much as possible. But truly it was the friendliness of the staff no matter what time of day and no matter in what setting that was the cream on top. Thank you. Sue Ann Lang

Room Tip: Be ready to be amazed!
1  Thank Sue Ann L
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The location is great, close to the convention center, food, and transportation. I would stay there again. The beds were soft and the rooms were super clean.

1  Thank Lena H
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I spent a almost a week at the Westin Phoenix Downtown in late June of this year and, while my overall experience of the hotel and its facilities was excellent, I especially wanted to comment on the attentiveness and demeanor of the staff. Uniformly, I found the the service to be well above expectations, from the desk personnel to the cleaning staff to the waitstaff in the very good restaurant. It was easy to believe that each person wanted to ensure that my stay in their hotel was as perfect as it could be. Especially when on a hectic schedule at a conference, that sort of cheerful attention to my details was very refreshing.

1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Just finished a three night stay for business and was impressed with the hotel. As a platinum guest I was upgraded to a 17th floor room - large and nicely appointed! I appreciated the bathroom with a shower stall rather than a tub with a shower head. The bed was comfortable, my view of the mountains great, hotel staff friendly and accomodating. Took advantage of the breakfast as well as the nightly apps in the club lounge, nothing amazing, but certainly nice to have. Overall great stay and good value for the rate. Looking forward to another stay in September...two weeks this time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business