All reviews front desk phoenix airport next morning an early flight free shuttle breakfast buffet would stay again rental car the shuttle driver would highly recommend this hotel bed was comfortable coffee maker one night stay sky harbor great rate room was large business center
Reviewed 8 October 2018

We started staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels about 3 years ago as we have found our experiences to be consistently positive. This one was no exception. From the minute we walked in, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, especially Bree. Our room was very clean and the bed was even more comfortable than my bed at home! The bathroom was spacious and immaculate, and the shower was perfect. Breakfast was fine, no complaints, with lots of good choices.

Shuttle service was a bit dicey since they share the van with a couple of other nearby hotels. When my husband and I got on, there were already 5 passengers in what was probably meant to hold 8 at the most. Apparently their larger van wasn't working and the driver allowed 5 more men to cram in, literally sitting on other people and on the floor. This was not only really uncomfortable (it takes 10+ minutes to get to the airport) but also dangerous. I hope the manager looks into this and prevents it from happening again. If not for this, I would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Location is good. Lady who checked us in was very friendly. Bar employee was very nice. Only snacks you get there at the bar are those that are mixed...nothing else...don't be fool by the bar sign on the elevator..that says "snacks". Room smelled like "bug spray" which made it hard when breathing this smell. Shuttle service to/from the airport was good. Upon returning we stayed there again & that room smelled too. My husband did call the manager to complaint. NOT SURE WHY THE ROOMS SMELLED LIKE BUG SPRAY.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi RobVera,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are glad to hear you liked our location and we appreciate your kind words about some of our staff. I am sorry about the unusual smell you encountered in your room. This is not the impression we want our guests to have. Your comments have been noted and forwarded to the appropriate department for review.

This may not be your greatest stay with us, but thanks for sharing your concerns. I hope you give us another chance to provide you with a better stay.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 September 2018

We had issues with our flight being delayed and a missed connection which had us finding a hotel room in Phoenix for the night. This hotel was conveniently close to the airport. My disappointment was with the delay in getting picked up from the airport when we called for the shuttle--two phone calls later we were picked up. Also, when we booked the room we paid for breakfast only to discover upon check in that breakfast would not be available before we left in the morning to catch our flight. We were not offered any credit for the breakfast we would miss which I found irritating enough to mention in this review. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. We were able to enjoy a late meal at the on-site restaurant before it closed which was helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I was going on an Alaskan Inner Passage cruise out of Seattle and my flight was at 6:00 a.m. out of Skyway Airport so I drove up from Tucson (less than 2 hours) to take advantage of this hotel's park & fly rate option (plus $20 in meal credits.) It was a great rate, great front desk folks (Dee), great bar/restaurant (Jen) and safe long term parking on site. The hotel itself is recently refurbished in a stylish fashion and my room was quiet & clean. My room preferences, upper floor away from elevator, were met without having to remind Dee at check in. The shuttle to the airport was timely. I will always be a repeat customer should the need arise.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I am going to keep this short and sweet. This was the absolute worst hotel! I’ve never had an issue with any Holiday Inn’s until I arrived at this one. It all started with the rude staff and basically ended with the rude staff. I tried to get into contact with the manager, but he never seemed to be on duty, which is really weird. I knew this hotel was literally in the middle of nowhere, but I was fine with it considering it was in between all the places I needed to go. The buffet offered is mediocre food, the rooms are a bit dated, there was tons of construction, the walls are paper thin, the ac makes a horrible noise, and the water is luke warm. Yes this hotel offers a complementary bus ride, but it’s only for a 5 mile radius. This will literally only get you to downtown Tempe. To end, again...the staff needs to be re-trained or just fire everyone and start over... I was completely shocked at how horrible this staff was to not only myself but other people staying at this hotel. Pleaseee get it together people!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
HolidayInn2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Phoenix Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Ebony,
We believe you have posted this review at the wrong location as we are not undergoing any construction. Thanks