“Pretty good stay”

Ranked #2 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Indiana
“Pretty good stay”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Just back from a 14+ day stay here. Would give this 3 1/2 stars if I could---but can't give it 4. We chose this hotel based on the sterling reviews from this sight + the decent discounted rate we were able to get. For the most part we weren't disappointed. We stayed her in March 2012 during spring training. The hotel is across the street (within walking distance) from the Angels stadium and training facility.

During the week--this was a pretty well run facility---but on weekends, thronged with baseball fans, it was a different story. Elevators and their foyers were left disgustingly dirty, despite the front desk staff being advised of the problem. Hallways were filthy. Housekeeping services were very disorganized. The whole place from management to maintenance--just didn't seem to give a darn.

Even during the week there were some flaws: the pool & spa (that I witnessed) were only cleaned once a week--on Mondays. Pool towels were a crapshoot ---some days they were supplied--others not. The exercise room had a nice towel rack and water cooler ---but never during our stay were towels or cups available.

Housekeeping was a guessing game---early in our stay they consistently arrived during the afternoons ---while we were out---perfect! Then mid stay they started inquiring if we "needed anything" fairly early in the mornings--then toward the end of the stay--once, they didn't show at all- and two other occasions--we felt they wouldn't have shown had we not complained to the front desk---after 5PM. The no shows and lates were, again, on the weekend.

Hate to seem so negative. Overall it was a pretty decent place. Well located to the freeway system---friendly front desk and hospitality staff. Given the reviews here though--I'd have to say we were slightly disappointed. We'd probably stay here again--but might look for a Spring Training base that wasn't so close to a stadium.

Some tips if staying here: there are only two TINY wastebaskets for the entire two room suite. Bring a few larger trashbags , particularly for the kitchen. The pool is not designed for sun worshipers. At least in March --only a small portion of the pool has any sun until later in the day.---stake out your sunspot early!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whosyer12
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
minnesota
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Huge rooms and lobbies. Clean. Quick checkin . Attentive staff and pleasant evening reception.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
NorCal
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I've stayed here twice this year (2012), 2 weeks each stay. It is at the eastern end of the Cotten Center Business Park, and is close to PHX. The hotel is fairly new (don't know the actual opening date) and still is "shiney". My experiences with the staff were all very positive, especially Dorothy for the evening meal and Bizarre at the front desk. The fitness room is probably the best I've seen in a hotel, bright and airy with a view out to the pool.

My first stay my room was a handicap room. My only complaint with that room was the shower. It did not have any sort of shower curtain or door, so the water would run out into the bathroom area. I had to use an extra towel in addition to the shower mat to prevent that. Since this shower is wheel chair accessable, I don't know what could be done. Other than that, both rooms I had were fine. Although you have a full kitchen, you probably won't need it Monday through Thursday. The evening meals are pretty good.

If you do choose to dine out, local options are limited. There are several fast food establishments around the corner, but no Chili's/BJ's/Texas Roadhouse type places in the immediate area, let alone "fine dining". You will have to drive 15 minutes or so to upgrade your dining choices.

My only complaint about the hotel itself is that I can't get back into it for a trip in the near future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jaf006
The West
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We took our first ever road trip with our 16 month old. This hotel really helped by having the separate room/seating area and kitchen. We brought our pack and play and portable highchair. We were in town for a wedding and the separate seating area allowed us a place to have a few family members over and our child to play. The room was very clean and the kitchen had some dishes, utensils, coffee maker etc. The fridge was handy as we had to keep our child's milk cold.

The breakfast bar was pretty standard: cereals, juice, fruit, waffles, toast, bagels, yogurt, boiled eggs. There are 2 featured hot item each day and a meat. One morning it was an egg casserole with hashbrowns (good). The other morning was just plain eggs and overcooked tater tots. The meat was canadian bacon and sausage. They did have 2 restaurant style highchairs so that helped.

We had some trouble with our interior door making large creaking sounds but the gal at the front desk was very pleasant and sent someone up to fix it asap.

There is a panda express and nice sandwich shop within walking distance. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and clean.

Overall I am very pleased with this hotel and will look for this chain when we travel again.

Room Tip: We had a room right by the elevator/vending area. Normally I would not recommend this room but as we...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Booked for a business trip. I was very happy with the room and the staff. The breakfast was pretty standard. My company had booked several meeting rooms for the week, they had some problems with regulating the temperature in the conference rooms. All week it was either too hot or freezing cold. They also catered breakfast for the group (both for out of town and in-town participants) and the catered breakfast was not particularly good: pastries were stale, only got fruit on one day, etc., I was glad I was staying in the hotel to take advantage of the regular breakfast. The pool was closed for maintenance or repair during my stay so I did not get to try it. The fitness center was adequate but did not seem to have climate control, was hot and steamy even first thing in the morning, and did not have towels available. Overall good value for the standard hotel items (room and staff), only "OK" for the extras I look for in a hotel: breakfast, pool, fitness center.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business