See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I read the reviews before I booked this place for my husband and I to attend spring training baseball games. We are presently staying at the one on Yorkshire, ground level, and most of the reviews I read turned out to be true. We have had no issues with the management; they have addressed our issues (basically no internet service most of the time). We will have been here 11 days. Leaving tomorrow. I could not get another hotel around w/a kitchenette b/c I waited too long to book, that's why we ended up here. Yes, it is a 'Section 8' type of place. I would also recommend (I had forgotten about this review) a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment. The microwaves are brand new; everything worked for us (except internet, again). They (mgmt.) told us not to pay for it b/c it is down so much. There is an 'initial' shock.....my stepson, who lives in Phoenix, came to pick us up and said, "man, dad, even I wouldn't stay here .... I locked my doors as soon as I pulled in". That kinda says it all. Furniture is old, old, old and the bed is just disgusting. We wanted to park my stepsons truck in the parking area with the roof over it and mgmt. told us yesterday to make sure we park forward....do not back in ..... the police who come thru at night need to be able to see your license plates to run a criminal check. Again, that says it all. Pool is nice. I do believe drug dealers are there, but we kept to our own business and weren't in the room much. Take everything of value with you! The bathroom was okay; the tub needed a good scrubbing. Also, we requested a non-smoking room (there is even a sticker on the window that says non-smoking) and the room wreaked of stale cigarette smoke. Pulled out the nightstand drawer and someone had used it as an ashtray.....cigarette butts and ashes in it. My husband would not even let me walk out to the truck w/o him being able to see me. Please don't stay here if you have kids ..... there's an Extended StayAmerica in Peoria on W. Bell Road that is MUCH better, inside doors vs. doors that exit directly to the outside, for the exact same price! That is where we will stay next year!

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd or 3rd level.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LindaCincinnati
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I am currently staying at the budget suite and this place sucks, the furniture is old and worn out the bed is as hard as a rock the carpet is in bad shape I need to move the cable back and forth to get good reception on the TV. It appears to me that this place is made up of mostly section 8 people. You might ask why don't you check out and move to another hotel well I paid for a month and they will not return your money if you leave. "NO REFUNDS"

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank 60wildbill
Reviewed 12 July 2011

i stayed at the budget suites on yorshire for 3 months recently. i would recommend getting a second or third floor apartment if you can. seems the street level ones are easier to break into. i am a single guy and found that after the initial shock of being in a place that seemed to house low income/ jailbird/ drug types it wasn't too bad. it was cheap and the folks running the place seemed to be nice and heplful. just mind your business and don't get involved with the weirdo's and you should be fine. they do charge for internet and upgraded microwaves though...and bring your own linens and pots and pans.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank dangnabbit
Reviewed 23 April 2011

If you have children don't stay here! This place is a jail. Children have no where to play they can make no noise what so ever and the management is horriable. I have seen people who work here take their animals out to the bathroom and not clean up. Our room smells so bad from the carpets. The couch is horriable and broken down. And to pay as much as we do is a horriable thing. Some people do not have a choice but to come to a place like this but no matter why you do you should never be treated like you are a prisoner!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tryingtobehappy23
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I moved into Budget Suites at the beginning of December 2009. I planned on staying awhile so I rented the 1 bedroom/livingroom/kitchen on ground level. When I moved in the room came with internet, TV & microwave. When leaving in June 2010 I was paying for the internet,TV,&microwave on top of the weekly rent.
I had 2 loads of brand new rugs taken from the laundry, 1 load of towels, and 1 load of my good clothes taken.
I work on the internet selling things for ebay and Bonanzle but had 3 days of internet not working so I couldnt get online to work, In those 3 days I lost money because I couldnt get online and fell behind on my rent.
They treated me as if I was there for the weekend and check out time is 11am.
On the last day that i was there I went to get the money for the rent and was getting ready to go to office and someone who I had never seen before POUNDED ON MY DOOR, DEMANDING WHEN I WAS COMING TO OFFICE. Right then i deceided that i wanted out. I was not going to be disrespected.
The office people have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND DO NOT APPRECIATE SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE.
I repeatedly was disrespected, and charged different rates of weekly rent all the time.
NO I would not recommend this place if you plan on being somewhere for a long stay.
AND I WILL NOT RECCOMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE WHO I KNOW.
All the girls in the office including the woman they just brought in for a manager all need customer service skills, and learn how to treat people.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo