“Not a weekend getaway hotel”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.
Ranked #127 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with family....On 1st impressions outside of the hotel looked good.
Our room however looked well lived in, furniture was scratched and looked old. Carpet was dirty. Some of the untensils in the kitchen were also dirty. A few of the electrical fittings were broken. One light switch in particular was loose and hard to switch off. Was wary of my kids touching it.
It seems this is more of a cheap short term lodging rather than a weekend getaway hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 November 2010

The area was safe, and just across the street from shopping and restaurants. Staff was friendly and willing to go above and beyond. Our room was clean and ready on time for us to check in (as promised @ 3:00pm). The pool was great also!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iskuz
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We normally don't stay at 2 star hotels but did so this time simply because we had to change our flights at the last minute and got into Phoenix very late and just needed a place to crash. I've made the "just need a place to crash" 2-star mistake before and at first I thought I made it again. Upon arrival it seemed obvious that this is the kind of place that caters to the likes of contract employees and workers sent out of town for a spell, based on the types of trucks and vehicles in the parking lot. The rooms are outside-access which I am not too fond of but typical for a 2-star. Inside, the room was pretty small but had a kitchenette with basic kitchen tools. Viewing the bed, I was concerned but it ended up being pretty comfortable. The pillows were mediocre. The bathroom looked as though they had recently installed hardwood laminate (or whatever that woodgrain tile stuff is called) and the tub and toilet looked new. The thing that struck me was that the room was very, very clean. The room smelled good too. No smoke and no cheap room freshners. The towels looked, felt and smelled fresh and safe. Did not get any creepy vibes. Air conditioning was a wall unit but ice cold. Early in the morn you could hear the workers heading out but in no way were they too loud. In the morning I was able to check out the lobby and it was nice and clean. Very pleasant and the desk clerk was awesome, helping with maps and internet access. She was an example of awesome customer service. The *only* suggestion I have is that they clean the outside ash cans. The one at the top of our stairs had about 200 butts in it and was sort of gross. Otherwise, this was a great 2-star to crash at or if you need a basic exteneded stay residence.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purple60
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2010

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 16 May 2009

My company booked me into the ESA on E Oak because of the low cost. They paid $60/night. Sign out front when I checked in said "rooms from $35.
Desk clerk was very accommodating and put me in an "executive King corner room" - the biggest and best. King bed, Pull out sofa bed, desk; tiny but adequate bath room with tub/shower (good water pressure) and separate sink vanity area. There were no amenities other than tiny soap bars and tissues - no shampoos, etc. Kitchen was minimal with 2 burner cook top, small microwave, and full size refrig., 4 cup coffee maker with coffee packs on demand; table and two chairs. Kitchen utensils were minimal. TV with Dish cable service (2 Showtime movie channels). They did not offer any even marginal breakfast. "Fitnes Center" was a tiny room with a treadmill and exercise bicycle. Swimming pool was tiny. pay laundry on site. Can't beat the location if you have business near the airport or on that side of town - just across from a shopping center with Costco, Fry's, Target, and chain restaurants. I have to admit that I was comfortable and the accommodations served my purpose - but for $60/night you can probably do better. For a little more you can stay at the Marriott Residence Inn just a bit south of here - and I would certainly opt for that if my wife was traveling with me.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2009

Our reason for being in Phoenix was for our father having heart surgery at Banner Good Samaritan. The hotel had a nice exterior and well lit parking area. Our rooms were roomy, clean and suited our needs very well for the price. Staff was very courteous and helpful. We definately recommend for families who need a hotel when they have family members at the hospital.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Camelback East
Holiday Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport North

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St.

Address: 4357 E Oak St, Phoenix, AZ 85008-2300 (Formerly Wellesley Inn)
Region: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #127 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Price Range: ₹ 4,333 - ₹ 8,085 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay America Phoenix