“Isolated and Peaceful”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Reviewed 29 October 2006

Disclaimer: I spent a Sunday night here, during off-season. It is most likely that conditions here are quite different [busier] during another time of year.

The small town of Parker is just a blip on the radar between I-10 to the south and Needles [and Las Vegas] to the north, with nary a Target or Walmart in sight. The biggest thing the BlueWater has going for it, is that it is on the Colorado River, off Hwy 95. If you were not looking for it, you wouldn't even know it was there, about one-mile north of where civilization abruptly ends.

When I drove-up to the entrance, the place lacks all the glitz and bling of a Vegas casino. Except for the signage, I wasn't even sure I was at the right place!

The outside bellman/valet was a bit of a grump, barking orders at arriving guests and getting upset if his orders were not precisely followed. I was on the yelling end of his tirade and soon shrugged him off and parked my car myself lugging my bags through the parking lot. This was not a good first impression.

The staff inside were another story. Nobody I dealt with had attitudes, and were generally friendly, although they do seem to be friendlier with locals/regulars. That's okay I guess.

The casino reminds me of some smaller casinos in the Vegas area. It almost feels 'cozy'. There are a handful of gaming tables, surrounded by a modest selection of slot and video poker machines. Smoke didn't seem to be a major issue due to decent air circulation and a very high ceiling.

There are several options when you are hungry, from borderline expensive to a snack bar with a decent menu, including Sloppy Joes! The dinner buffet looked rather weak, so I opted for the coffee shop instead. The buffet at breakfast was quite acceptable and only $6.

The rooms are detatched from the casino, so noise and smoke aren't a factor. Actually, you briefly exit the hotel and enter your room through an outside corridor. Note that the casino is third floor, even though it is street level from the front entrance. There are rooms above AND below casino level.

All the rooms face the river/marina and have a nice balcony. Since it WAS the off-season, there weren't many boats docked at the marina and it was very quiet. All I could hear were birds, hence my peaceful remark, as I slept with the glass door open.

The room was very clean and perfectly sized with two queen beds. No high speed internet or coffee maker [no surprise] and limited TV staions; but hey, it's a casino and they want you gambling!

I rarely do pools that often, but this pool is cool! The 'Indoor Waterpark' is actually an assortment of several pools of varying sizes, depths, and temperatures, including a small water slide. Towels were abundant.

If you live within a few hours drive of Parker and the BlueWater, and just want to get away, without the hype of Vegas, this place is perfect. In the summer, you can float your boat right up to the rear of the hotel and spend the night [if you can stand the heat]. If you get bored, you can always make the short drive to 'downtown' Parker and look for some excitement, and/or supplies.

I had a good time here!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank airlinestuff
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for BlueWater Resort and Casino

Reviewed 11 October 2006

Awesome buffet, nice staff, good drink prices, nice lounge with good entertainment. Just about everything you need is right here - very convenient. We stayed five nights, and kept our boat in the resorts private marina. We danced in the lounge, and ate lots of meals in the buffet. We'll be back!

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank goofinoff
Reviewed 28 July 2006

We just got home from a week at the Bluewater. My wife, myself and 4 children had a great time. The staff was friendly and helpful. The waterpark was great. The hotel has easy beach access. The machines were a little tight, but you win some and you lose some. Beautiful sunsets from the balcony of your room. Rooms are very basic, beds are comfortable and A/C worked great. Price was very reasonable. Food was not amazing, but good and affordable. Would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank RANMAMCA
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2006

Has to be the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in.From the neighbors coughing and using the rest room,to people walking in the hall and talking.Soundproofing for the rooms didn't exist.Buffet in the Casino was ok.

Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2006

Bluewater Resort Casino, Parker, AZ
December 31, 2006 to January 2, 2007
New Years Package including dinner and party, one nite lodging and breakfast, $209.
Extra night stay, $40 plus tax.

Our New Years party group of four couples has partied together for the last 25 years.
Our New Years experience at the Bluewater was great.
Check in and staff: Even though the Bluewater was packed and really busy, the staff kept their cool and did a good job informing guests.
They were able to put our group in adjacent rooms.

Rooms: Spacious and basic, each room has a large balcony that views the river.
Good house keeping.
New Years Eve Party: Fantastic! And it ran smoothly. 160 guests.
Great food, including jumbo shrimp cocktail, mixed greens salad, prime rib, chicken, asparagus, potatoes, rolls, cheese cake, a cocktail, coffee, ice tea, and champagne toast.
The Bluewater was able to balance variety, quality and value.
The band “Primetime” from Vegas was good and there was room to dance.
There was 3.5 hours of entertainment and when things were slow, you could just pop into the casino and entertain yourself there.
They projected a New Years ball drop live video feed to count down the New Year.
The package included the breakfast buffet the next day which was good and filling.

Attractions: The Casinos machines seem to be friendly and we were able leave the machines on the plus side.
We stayed an extra day and visited the London Bridge in Lake Havasu, a forty minute drive away.
We didn’t have time to take in the indoor water park.

Bad: Very powerful but noisy room air conditioning.
Internet and email access is needed.
Willow restaurant overwhelmed by demand and couldn’t keep up.

Summary: The Bluewater far exceeds anything in the area.
Even though they don’t have much competition they work hard to provide its guest a quality experience.
I would stay there again so long as I didn’t need the internet.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank CactusPatch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
2.5 km away
2.7 km away
Quality Inn Parker
Quality Inn Parker
#4 of 11 in Parker

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK