“The Marquee in front says New Management, New Team, New Attitude-OhOh”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Parker
BlueWater Resort and Casino
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Parker
Reviewed 23 August 2011

When you see such a message on the marquee sign at the property entrance, you can be assured that the place has issues, even though I was hoping and praying that this wouldn't be the case here. After my 3 night experience here, I can say the only reason to stay here is for the convenience of the marina boat slips. The front desk clerks can't even manage a "hello" or "welcome". They don't tell you that the wrist bands for entrance to the indoor pool facility change each and every day- forcing a trip to the front desk. Casino floor people and some of the dealers are real washouts. And the service in the so called "upscale" steak house is lacking. We got better service and encountered pleasant wait staff in town at the Crossroads Cafe and El Serape restaurant and the food's better too!
The room is pretty non descript. Noisy day and night but you have to expect this- its the river and many are partying up a storm. Stained carpeting but it seemed on the surface to be clean. They are all riverview rooms which is the only plus. We had trouble with slow shower draining, noisy AC and the frosting on the cake - The LOUD fire alarm going off at 11:15pm and again at 3:15 am the first two nights of our stay. Of course, these turned out to be "false alarms" and of course the front desk can only say sorry but won't do anything to make it up to the guests-like discounting the room or even free buffet passes. One of the pool attendants treated us like thieves and trespassers because we didn't have the correct day's wrist band for admittance to the indoor pool area. Believe me, I don't want to steal one of their crummy pool towels or sneak any friends in- I would be too embarrassed. I found out we were fortunate- the housekeeper changed the bedding and towels everyday in our room. In the other room I was also paying for, it only happened one day.
Its too bad, because as others have said this property could be one of the better Indian Gaming Resorts in AZ or Cal. The only employee who actually seemed sympathetic about the whole deal was Janelle, a pool attendent. At least she seems sincere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Shotlady

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Okay, No it is not a premium hotel. No it is not the best place ever! And No it is not a place you will go around bragging about.

However, I grew up going to this part of the river, and Love it. The River is a place that is near to my heart, and this hotel offers an alternative to camping and or RV'ing that my wife and I appreciate. We can go there, have a air conditioned room, food at our disposal, Walmart next door, and a waterslide for the kids. The temperature control in the pool area makes it great to enjoy the river any time of year.

So if you are looking for Ceasars Palace on the river, no this is not the place. But a local boat rental company just got their slips their, and my next trip includes me enjoying a very adequate room, boat to rent on Saturday, and best of all, I go their in my car, and come home not having to clean and store a ton of camping equipment and boat.

In short, I LOVE IT!!!!! Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

When I Got to my room and opened the door, there were hundreds of flies all over the room. Also a furniture leg looked like it had been chewed by either termites, mice or rats. There had to be something that had dies in the walls or something rotten to have attracted that many flies. They did not have anymore rooms to move me to. I don't think I would have taken it anyways. A I left my room to check out and get credited, An employee told it it was because it was the bottom floor. Not sure i believe that. Even though they were very apologetic, I would have at least thought a hotel would have offered a free nights stay at another time. Again, I don't think In would have accepted that as well. Not a hotel I would recommend to stay. Just an over all bad experience.

Room Tip: Be Carefull!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Spatz60
Reviewed 28 July 2011

After reading so many negative reviews we were a bit worried about staying here. Happily, we had a super experience at the Bluewater.

We encountered only polite and helpful staff. Regarding the pool, the only time anyone approached us was when my husband forgot his wristband (he was politely asked to put it on). I am glad they enforce this rule, otherwise the pool would be ridiculously overcrowded with non-guests).

The room was nicer than expected (I read a review that mentioned a 'Motel 6 vibe' and expected that) and housekeeping came daily. The view from our balcony was beautiful.

The only reason we didn't give this a 5* rating was due to a slow-draining tub (sounds like a common/widespread problem there) and the restaurant food (even at the 'fancy' establishment --Willow River?) was only so-so. (But Parker proper is only a few minutes away, so food was not a deal-breaker for us.) Also, you may want to bring earplugs: our room had a loud air conditioner. Not reallly noticable during the day, but at night when we were trying to sleep....

We will definitely return to Bluewater. The amenities and river location are great!

Room Tip: Bring your AAA card for early check-in and room discount!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank JBeansJ
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family and I stay here frequently during the summer seasons and the kids can't seem to get enough (ages 11, 7, and 2). It isn't 5 star hotel by any means of the word, but for what we're willing to pay and the convenience (marina, buffet, waterslide/pool for the kids) ..it's perfect. You can't go to this hotel with high expectations...it is what it is and you get what you pay for. Want high quality? Then go somewhere else. The food is average, marina is safe and can be seen from every room, rooms have always been clean, staff is helpful and friendly, and the view of the river/sunset from your room is breath taking. I can't stress enough the phrase "it is what it is" and as long as you go into it knowing that..you'll be very happy there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank socalriverside
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
2.5 km away
34.7 km away
Knights Inn Lake Havasu City
Knights Inn Lake Havasu City
#17 of 25 in Lake Havasu City

Been to BlueWater Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK