2,218 results
All reviewsbltrita's kitchenjackrabbit poolmummy mountainjack rabbitsun decklive musicquailtop notchhappy hourspread outgolf cartgrounds are beautifulprivate poolmain buildinggift shopfire pit
Reviewed 30 June 2006

My husband and I live in Phoenix and like to stay at local resorts once every few months, just to get away. We decided to stay at this property because they accept dogs and we like to take them along when we can. This is a great location and has beautiful desert landscaping.

The rooms look and smell dated - it's time for an update!!! We ordered room service for dinner and breakfast the next morning. The food was delivered in a timely manner both times. Breakfast was good - everything was cooked to order and tasted good. I did feel the prices were a bit high, but they are competitive with neighboring resorts. I was HORRIFIED by the quality of the dinner meal!! I have stayed at many resorts, including five in the Phoenix area and this is the single worst in-room dining experience I have ever had!! My husband ordered the filet medium-rare and received a piece of leather - it was totally dried out and cooked well-done (come on, for $40+ they give a bit more effort to train their "chefs" on how to tell if a steak is over-cooked). I ordered the nachos. I received a plate of soggy tortilla chips drowned in imitation cheese. I have had better nachos at an airport!! Who ever authorized charging $13+ for a plate of Velveeta, canned olives and canned jalapenos needs to visit some sports bars in the area and see how nachos should be prepared, served and priced!

The staff was very friendly - especailly the bell staff/valets at the front and the room services attendants.

Bottom line - I would highly recommend spending a little bit more and stay at somewhere like Sanctuary on Camelback (who also takes dogs), The Four Seasons at Troon North or the Westin Kierland.

6  Thank Brooke_sea2az
Reviewed 30 June 2006

I recently stayed at the Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, and would definetly go back! The service was excellent, everyone treated you like a REAL customer. Not used to that back home! The area and surrounding city was so clean, no pollution, the air was clean no allergies what so ever! This resort, had a bunch of different little things you start discovering each day you are there. The room service was exceptional. The spa was top notch, (the kind you see in the movies). The balconies were perfect for sunbathing. A typical room comes with a little kitchenette. No stove, just sink, fridge and microwave. The conceirge was top notch, knew exactly what you were looking for. Scottsdale is the best place to stay, and Phoenix is the best place to go for culture and things to do. Hotel was clean, except for the floors my feet were dirty all the time. So bring slippers! The service at the pool was awesome, you can order drinks food, sunbathe whatever! Theres a little section for kids to jump in these little sprinklers, off to the side theres a jacuzzi and a big pool no deeper then 3 1/2 feet. They provide all the floaties you need. I would def. go back again.

8  Thank Guide31722
Reviewed 29 June 2006

I checked in during the off-season in the Phoenix area.

During the check in process I was upgraded to a large (2 floor) suite. It was simply beautiful. It had two floors, 1 1/2 baths, a great room, kitchen and large bedroom. The bedding was in line with that offered at many hotels including absolutely wonderful bedding.

The room service and food was excellent. The staff was courteious and very helpful.

The grounds are very well kept, manicured and simply beautiful. My stay was comfortable, pleasurable, and just fantastic. Easily comparible to The Biltmore and perhaps even better.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business
10  Thank tlwams
Reviewed 21 June 2006

I just came back from a 4 night stay at the Camelback Inn. Two of my girlfriends and I left our husbands at home for this 'girls only' vacation.

Service: The service at this hotel is the best I've ever had - and that includes stays I've had at Fairmonts, Westins and Hyatt Regencies. I arrived alone the first night at around 6 p.m. and noticed that there was a FedEx convention going on. I was worried we'd get a bottom-of-the-barrel room as my rate was deeply discounted. However, Deborah, the extremely professional and friendly woman checking me in, not only checked me in at record speed (no waiting in line, 5-minute check-in), but she gave us one of the nicest rooms - in a building up near where the Spa was (north side of resort), upstairs level. We had the most gorgeous views of Camelback Mountain from our patio. The first night, two flies the size of grapes got in my room and were bouncing off the walls - those suckers can make some noise. After a fruitless hour of trying to catch/kill them myself, I called housekeeping. An 'engineer' was at my door in 5 minutes and took care of it with a can of 'Vanilla-Killa'. All the staff had the utmost professionalism and always greeted us with smiles.

Room: Everything was well kept up and clean. The decor and amenities were very nice. We had 2 doubles We loved the bed! Better than my own! The bathroom was very specious and clean... a must for 3 women and all their toiletries. There was a separate shower and tub.

Fitness room: There are 2 fitness rooms - one for the general guests and one in the Spa. The general fitness room was complimentary. It was a little small for a resort this size. Cardio equipment included 3 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 cross trainer, 2 bikes and 1 stair master. Very few weight machines, but they did have a dumbell set. It was comfortable to use after th morning crowd left - around 7:30 am.

Pool: The pool area was great and well kept up. I don't have kids but I liked how they had a little area of water sprinklers for them. It looked so fun I wanted to try it out! There were noodles and floaters to use and the area never felt crowded.

Restaurants: The only one I tried was Rita's on my first night and I ate at the bar. The food was delish - had the cactus salad and beef/chicken tacos. Most importantly, the bartender kept my water glass filled all the time - which I really needed as I wasn't used to the Phoenix heat!

Spa: The spa is nice, not spectacular. I signed up for a guest pass - use of spa and fitness room/classes only, no services. I went on a morning 'power-walk'. Nice trainer, but more like a 'walk'. The fitness room there is great. Lots of state of the art cardio machines, great set of weight machines and even a horizontal rock-climbing wall. The spa had steam room, sauna, whirlpool and lounge on the women's side and there was a co-ed pool - basic spa that's kept up nicely, not anything great. I didn't like how the amenenities at the women's and men's side were different - I learned that the men's side had a cold-plunge pool. I thought the spa at the Fairmont Scottsdale was much nicer.

Overall, I would come back here in a heartbeat. If you can handle the heat in May/June, I'd suggest this time to come. It's the low season so prices are very reasonable and there are less people.

12  Thank cinjen
Reviewed 20 June 2006

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Camelback Inn. We were traveling with our 5 year old and we all had a fun and relaxing time. Highlights from the trip for our son were the sand box by the Jack Rabbit pool, the game room off the lobby and the "Dive In" movies by the pool at night. My husband and I enjoyed floating in the pool, happy hour at Ritas and much more. This is a great place to get away from it all and we definitely look forward to a return visit!

7  Thank Discover7083