Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 186
US$ 157
  • Pool
Hermosa Inn(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 244
US$ 214
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 260/night.

Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 180
US$ 143
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 208/night.

Sanctuary Camelback Mountain(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
US$ 284
US$ 237
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 337/night.

SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 225
US$ 181
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 228/night.

US$ 111
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 137/night.

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 108
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 124/night.

Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
2,172 results
All reviewsbltjackrabbit poolrita's kitchenmummy mountainjack rabbitsun deckgolf cartquaillive musiccasita styletop notchhappy hourgrounds are beautifulspread outoff seasonprivate poolmain building
Reviewed 17 March 2005

I spent five nights at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn in early March as it was a designated overlflow hotel for a conference I was attending at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge. I brought my wife and toddler son to the Camelback to help them escape the lingering Winter up north.

First of all, after visiting the Desert Ridge, I was relieved that I was put up at the Camelback. The Desert Ridge resort is located in the middle of nowhere and has all the charm of a downtown convention hotel. The Camelback offers spacious casitas in a sprawling low-rise setting surrounded by spectacular scenery. The environment leaves you feeling relaxed and immersed in a true south-western scene. The hotel is also located a few short miles away from downtown Scottsdale enabling easy access to restaurants and shopping but distant enough to have a character shaped by the natural scene around it.

The staff was friendly and eager to help. They seem to enjoy working at this legendary resort. The facilities, restaurants and grounds were consistent with the hotels excellent reputation. However, the pools would probably not be competitive with the multi-acre facilities at the newer hotels.

My wife enjoyed the spa facilities at the Camelback and found the staff to be friendly and competent. The prices were high compared to the downtown spa she is used to in our home town but consistent with resort pricing.

So here's the rub and the two reasons why I can't give the Camelback a 5* review. Housekeeping is poor and the rooms need some upgrading. With many guests paying peak season prices north of $400 per night, housekeeping should be thorough and prompt. The rooms shouldn't still use 20-year old bar fridges, have tears in the carpet and have dated fixtures. Neither of these two deficiencies was enough to detract from an excellent stay but seemed inconsistent with the best attributes of the property.

Since I was splitting the cost of the hotel with my employer, as it was a higher price than our corporate approved rate, I was very sensitive to value. The hotel gave me and my family a great travel experience but I worry that Camelback may be slipping for others that follow. I would recommend the Camelback to others and would stay there again. I would just hesitate to pay the peak rate.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
10  Thank rogue_traveller
Reviewed 17 February 2005

This is a WOW sort of place. The ambience and staff are outstanding! You should expect a unique resort that does not look like so many cookie cutter hotels. We had a garden casita that had an outside entrance in a pueblo style building. The pathways through the grounds allow for romantic hand holding or a more vigorous hike up a Southwestern desert hill.Our room was very spacious and included a comfortable king bed, a love seat, a comfy chair ,a wet bar with personal refrigerator, a fully stocked mini bar, private patio and of course the TV and radio(with a sound machine). The bathroom is older but very clean and who lives in the bathroom anyway. Camelback's Day Spa has many options including a very health oriented restaurant. The buffet at the Navajo was absolutely the best and at a price that didn't make you scream. Chef Mark (and his staff) goes out of his way to treat you special. The service was the friendliest and most accommodating we have ever experienced. We loved our stay here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: February 2005, travelled on business
4  Thank Newbergians
Reviewed 15 February 2005

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights in mid-Jan.

First of all this is a huge complex. It can take a bit of work to find your way round at first - not really a big deal.

It also seems to be a popular conference venue so there are many large groups. Again this wasn't a big deal for us but if you're looking for a secluded getaway this may not be the place for you.

We had a nicely fitted out room - clean, well furnished and generous size. Not the most modern of styling but nothing to compain about.

The food is pretty good. I found the southwest/mexican dishes to be quite bland - but thats to be expected at a large hotel catering to many tastes.

Staff is very friendly and efficient. Requests were attended to very well.

The grounds are great. Wonderful desert garden spread throughout the resort, lots of cacti and hummingbirds.

My wife found the spa to be OK - nice enough people but just an average massage. As another reviewer has noted food is not available at the Spa restaurant after mid-afternoon.

We got a great rate of about $80/night on Priceline. For that price you cant beat this resort. The Poenix/Scottsdale area is amazing country - if you're planning a visit the Camelback is a good place to enjoy it.

• Stayed: January 2005
2  Thank bradcnyc
Reviewed 29 January 2005

We really enjoyed our one-night stay at Camelback Inn. We were travelling cross-country with our dog and the staff could not have been more pleasant and welcoming. We had a beautifully decorated and HUGE casitas room with a fabulous bathroom and an extremely comfortable king bed. The room also had a wet bar area with microwave and fridge. Our very large balcony overlooked Camelback Mountain.

Because we didn't want to leave our dog alone in the room, we ordered from room service at both dinner and breakfast. The service was quick and super-friendly. The food was outstanding -- probably the best room service food I've had anywhere.

Our only regret about this stay was that it was so short. We will definitely go back for a longer stay so that we can enjoy all the amenities of this resort.

2  Thank free101girl
Reviewed 17 January 2005

Was on a business trip and stayed at Camelback Inn from 1/11 - 1/14/05. The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful -- some of the best trained staff I've ever encountered. Rita's and Navajo restaurants were outstanding. Spa closes at 7 p.m., too early for those traveling on business.

• Stayed: January 2005, travelled on business