Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 186
US$ 157
  • Pool
Hermosa Inn(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 244
US$ 214
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 257/night.

Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 160
US$ 124
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 188/night.

Sanctuary Camelback Mountain(Paradise Valley)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$ 277
US$ 237
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 352/night.

SmokeTree Resort & Bungalows(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 91
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 225
US$ 181
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 225/night.

US$ 111
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 135/night.

Hilton Scottsdale Resort & Villas(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
US$ 108
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 127/night.

Scottsdale Plaza Resort(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
US$ 128
2,174 results
All reviewsbltjackrabbit poolrita's kitchenmummy mountainjack rabbitsun deckgolf cartquaillive musiccasita styletop notchhappy hourgrounds are beautifulspread outoff seasonprivate poolmain building
Reviewed 26 December 2008

Here I sit, late at night, on Christmas Day, reflecting on the wonderful 1-night stay (Christmas Eve) we had at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn!

In all the world, only one...

My husband and I got an amazing deal on a room, dinner for 2 at Rita's (on-site restaurant), and 1 spa treatment for each of us. I believe it was a "grand re-opening" special of some sort -- but all the package deals seem to be of good value...

Our "casita" room was warm, inviting, and huge. It had a bit of a Native American vibe, but definitely nothing kitschy. The view! Our private patio faced Camelback Mountain -- Wow. Just gorgeous. The bed was wonderful, the linens great, and I loved the robes! Everything was spotlessly clean. The turn-down service was a welcome surprise -- not only was our bed turned down and lovely, they cleaned up our used towels in the bathroom from our earlier showers and replaced them with fresh ones! Of course, I'm sure if we had asked for more towels, that would not have been a problem -- but there were more than enough towels for the 2 of us and another round of showers! This unexpected "extra step" is what sets a resort like this apart from the masses.

Despite that fact that it was cool and overcast on Christmas Eve, and it rained on Christmas Day (1st time in Phoenix in 14 years!), everything on the resort property was just beautiful.

Dinner at Rita's was good -- with two fabulous dishes I must comment on! The cheese quesadilla on the appetizer menu was probably the best cheese quesadilla we have ever had! The tortilla was so light and thin -- it was like it wasn't even there! The cheese was melty and flavorful and wonderful! And I had the filet mignon -- WoW! Done to perfection to my desired medium-rare -- seared on the outside, Tender, juicy, tasty on the inside -- it came with "forest mushrooms" -- a medley of wild and wonderful mushrooms, and a cauliflower puree -- delicious! I believe the price was $34 and that is a steal for a steak of that quality -- especially with a side dish or two, included -- in Scottsdale! My husband's prime rib -- a Christmas Eve special -- was also quite good. For desert, we shared the warm, Oaxacan cookies -- superb! My only disappointment was an "herb garden salad" that was weak in both its taste and presentation. Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon vinaigrette -- and not an herb to be found. It wasn't bad; but it could have been better. Cocktails were expensive and wine was stratospherically so, but at least they were large pours. And really, you are a "captive" audience (Unless you want to get in your car and drive at least 20 minutes to anyplace else...park, wait, etc -- now you're going on 45 mins to an hour. Not to mention having to drive back.) I did have a glass of the Cabernet Sauvignon that was the red special for Christmas Eve at $25 a glass ($100 a bottle). It was superb and really did compliment my filet. I lingered with that splendid wine right through desert, where it also complimented the chocolate quite nicely. Had it been $15 or less a glass, I would have had a 2nd. But not at $25 a glass. I don't think I missed having a 2nd glass and definitely did not need the extra calories! Would we have dinner at Rita's, again? Probably. We'd ask a lot more questions, though. The quesadilla app was large enough for 2 persons; my smoked salmon app was not -- so I'd ask about sharing and portion size. I'd ask more about the contents of the salads, too, for example. Overall, with live music emanating from the bar next door, our dinner was very enjoyable with very good service and excellent food, and pricey alcoholic beverages.

After dinner, we retired to the main patio -- where the fire pits and heat lamps were roaring as the AZ night temps were definitely dropping this winter night! Oh how romantic, cozy, and relaxing!

Our room was extremely quiet and we had a wonderful night's sleep. We had a light breakfast of fruit and yogurt we had brought into the room and stored in the fridge. We both had massages scheduled at the spa and knew we wouldn't want a big breakfast.

The "Spa" facilities are also wonderful -- calming and soothing atmosphere. I had a "hot stone" massage and highly recommend it; hubby had the best Swedish massage he has ever had! We enjoyed the separate men's/women's facilities and were disappointed the weather was uncooperative as we had wanted to sit and relax by the outdoor pool, together. Oh, well.

We had lunch at Sprouts, the spa restaurant. Much like Rita's, the alcohol is expensive -- but where else are you going to go? And the food is excellent. I have used the spa here before and had meals at Sprouts before and have never been disappointed. Again, however, the salad this time was weak -- it was part of a soup and salad special. Ok, I'll be honest. If it wasn't Christmas Day and if I wasn't so blissed out from an incredible massage, I probably would have complained about the salad and sent it back. But the squash soup and the "cheese course" hubby and I shared were so good -- it was easy to just let the salad go -- this time.

What I was most impressed with was the fact that this was Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and the entire staff -- from check-in to spa to wait-staff and housekeeping -- was happy and joyful and did not show one iota of resentment for having to work on a holiday -- how refreshing in today's world. Not only does it feel good to have experienced this professional, welcoming attitude -- it makes me want to go back!

Oh, I suppose I should disclose that hubby and I live in Phoenix and this was our "gift" to each other! Thank you to the entire Camelback Inn staff for making our Christmas 2008 a special one!

The Camelback Inn - Where time stands still.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
7  Thank suzyav8trix
Reviewed 26 December 2008

I absolutely love the Camelback Inn. This is the fifth time I've stayed there and I think of it as a relaxing sanctuary and a place to unwind. My overwhelming impression is that the Camelback Inn is where adults go to unwind and relax. I stay there every time I am anywhere near Phoenix.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank wnvinso
Reviewed 15 December 2008

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Camelback Inn. This resort is absolutely beautiful! The grounds at this place are wonderful to walk around (esp. at night) and highly maintained. I stayed in a one bedroom casita and it was clean and adorable. There was a patio right outside our door with a nice table and umbrella to shield us from the sun. We didn't get a chance to eat at any of the restaurants, however we did have the room service and everything we ordered was delicious! If there is something you want that is not on the menu, just ask and they'll mostly likely accomodate you...they did for me. They have live music on the weekends out on the patio with bon-fires going to keep you warm. The coverband was great and a nice surprise! The staff here were incredibly friendly and helpful. I do have to say though being a 26 year old at this resort...you do stick out like a sore thumb and get a ton of stares. Hardly anyone smiled at us or said hello back when we would pass them, accept for the staff. It was way too stuffy and snotty for my taste and I wouldn't return for a 2nd trip but it def. was nice to try it out...

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GINAC55
Reviewed 3 December 2008

This hotel exceeded all of our expectations!

We read reviews by other travelers and that is why we chose The Camelback Inn. And we were not disappointed.

The room was clean and good-sized and had a beautiful view of the mountains thru french doors overlooking a private patio. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, kitchen sink, coffee maker, mini bar, flat screen TV and a double sink bath.

The grounds of the resort were lovely. The landscaping was in perfect contrast to the buildings and mountain backdrop. At night there was a lovely large patio off the restaurant where you could sit outside, eat, drink, listen to live musicians, and if the weather was not warm - there were heaters and mini gas fire pits to sit around.

The staff amazed us. They were continuously helpful, polite, friendly and without a trace of attitude or weariness. Even when one of the lamps in our room had a burnt out bulb - the maintenance staff came immediately and exchanged out the entire lamp.

In the bar and restaurant - the staff was again super. And the food was always fresh and good-tasting. We ate in the bar and also at the pool bar. Never disappointed.

At the pool, you are met by various staff, setting up chairs, umbrellas, bringing you ice water with lemon, bringing you fresh fruits to try, dropping off menus for lunch.

We were sad on our last day... because we didn't want to leave this paradise.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank laurasmom143
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I recenlty stayed at the Camelback on another business trip to Scottsdale. I find that everytime i return to this hotel more and more staff know me by name. Staff i havent met before say hello and ask me how im doing. The front desk staff is always knowledgeable and the staff member i previously wrote about, Brandon, is now a Manager. at the hotel. Its good to see that the Camelback is promoting good employees within. Well done Mr. Marriott!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business