“Amenities and service at JW Marriott”

JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paradise Valley
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
“Amenities and service at JW Marriott”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

I was spent the last 5 days at JW Marriott and what an incredible experience. From check in ti check out and everything in between you will thoroughly enjoy your experience. The staff will effortlessly make your stay as memorable as possible. Dining is delectable, great spa or if you just want to cool down by the pool. Definitely 2 thumbs up.

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Julet W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (477)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Unusual hotel layout with small clusters of casitas spread across the property. Once I figured out the layout and changed out of my high heels it was a pretty cool set up. It was a bit of a walk from one end to the other.
Casita was a bit dated, the bathroom seemed dark. But the general space was nice. Felt so much more spacious and private than a standard hotel room. The little back patio was perfect to watch the sunset. Every meal we had was excellent, no complaints there. Would 100% return with out hesitation.

• Stayed March 2012
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 12 August 2012

If you're looking for a true getaway, pay the extra money (or just buy a spa treatment) and spend a day at the spa pool. It costs $35 to get into this area (free with spa treatment) or $150 for a private cabana for the whole day. The best part - NO CHILDREN splashing around in the pool. There are 3 lap lanes, so I could actually get a good workout, and then spend the rest of the day enveloped in near-silence. The service was excellent, there were plenty of towels (no annoying card system where you could only check out one at a time like some other Marriott resorts) and the pool food/bev menu was amazing. Fresh healthy salads, fresh intriguing drinks, and the service was excellent (our server even set out an ice-filled glass of water at the end of the pool for me while I was swimming laps - what a nice surprise when I surfaced to that!). Food prices at the pool were actually reasonable, especially considering the quality (don't miss the green curry lettuce wraps!) - unlike many other overpriced, low quality poolside bars at other high-end resorts. We also ate at Rita's, and the food was out of this world. The pork entree literally melts in your mouth and the salsas on the salsa tree were excellent. Service was perfect - great timing, knowledgeable about the menu, and friendly without being overbearing. The rooms are a bit outdated, but clean and spacious. This is, by far, the most comfortable, relaxing, peaceful resort I've been to a long time.

Room Tip: Layout is pretty spread out, but they offer a golf-cart service, so of you don't like to walk lo...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 9 August 2012

This really is bliss: a relaxing stay in the calm and quiet of the desert yet close enough to town if you've had enough of the peace and quiet. You can come hang at The Camelback Inn, be in central Phoenix and still feel a million miles away. I don't know of many other places where I can get that.

The casitas are set-up two to a unit with private patios so you don't feel like you're in a hotel but instead get a great feeling of seclusion and privacy. Evenings are nice and quiet and great for star gazing.

If you're feeling more social you can take a dip in the pool or grab a cocktail at R Bar or take in a blissful meal at the chic, ultra-modern yet resort causal BLT Steak.

This is really one of my favorite places in The Valley and one of top recommendations for places to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I and another couple came here for a staycation last weekend. We got a great summer deal, the total nightly rate (including taxes and resort fee) was $204 and it included a $75 resort credit and two cocktails at BLT Steak bar per day. The grounds and mountain views are spectacular and the hotel has an upscale vibe without being too uppety. I checked in easily on a Friday afternoon around 3pm. I was very pleased with the room I got, we had a great view of the pool and mountains! There was a large bathroom with separate tub and shower, and the king bed was very comfortable. There was a large balcony overlooking the pool but unfortunately it was too hot out for us to enjoy. I liked that we had a mini fridge because we had brought some wine that we were able to keep cool. Our friends were disappointed with their room when they saw ours because theirs was a bit smaller and they had a much smaller bathroom. I think I just got lucky as I checked in a day before them so there must have been more rooms available.

We had a great time at the pool and the restaurants on site. The happy hours at R Bar and BLT Steak have some great deals with a really nice selection of food and drinks, not just crappy house wines and well drinks. We had lunch at the pool and that was decent. Limited selection but large portions (too large for me to finish and I usually have a big appetite). We had the buffet brunch on Sunday at Rita's which had a great selection and I was pleased with everything I tried, including the bottomless mimosas.

My only complaint about this resort is that we found some of the restaurant servers to be slow. I'm not sure if they are short staffed or if we just had servers that weren't very on top of it. I was expecting this resort to have superb service, but we found it subpar in the restaurants we tried, especially the R Bar. We were on vacation so it wasn't a huge deal, but when you can't find your server for 5-10 minutes it gets a bit annoying. And this happened a few times with different servers. Although, they were friendly and the bartender with the long blond hair at BLT Steak was superb. She was on top it!

I would definitely stay here again and I think it's great for all types of travelers; couples, families, and business.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Camelback East
Royal Palms Resort and Spa
Desert Ridge
JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa

Been to JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK