All reviews deluxe casita boutique hotel wine cellar residential neighborhood fresh baked cookies drop bar beehive fireplace phoenix area turn down service grounds are beautiful bottled water chocolate covered strawberries get away large bathroom upon check top notch sitting area
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Hermosa Inn is one of the best in Paradise Valley. When you enter, you pass through their spectacular cactus gardens - it is breathtakingly beautiful. During the day, go to the pool and enjoy some of the best views in Paradise Valley.

Lons is an amazing restaurant. The carpaccio is a stand-out. The bartenders are also very good with their creations - tell them a flavor, and they will create it.

Room tip: Mountain views are best
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I am so glad I found this Inn! It is beautifully tucked away while still being close enough to the action of Scottsdale. Our room was clean, beautiful and relaxing. The grounds were well kept. The first impression of the guest services and valet/bellhop was much appreciated. We enjoyed our late night snack/drink at Lon's last drop, our breakfast and Lon's and our time spent at the pool. The shower products provided a spa-like experience and the rooms were kept impeccably clean. I can't believe we scored with their "summer in paradise" special. We will certainly be back! The only thing I may recommend is providing different coffee for guests in your lobby. Kuerig K cups are fine in the room, but I wish something a little more unique/decadent was provided. Great stay overall!

Room tip: We were upgraded to the Garden View Casita which I believe to be one of the more quiet areas of the grounds.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alexa B
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Alexa B,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Hermosa. We are so glad you found our hidden gem nestled in the quiet, residential neighborhood of Paradise Valley. The "Summer In Paradise" special runs through the end of September. If you're not quite ready to say good-bye to summer, maybe you can sneak away to have one more stay in paradise! We will certainly take into consideration your recommendation for a bit more decadent offerings in the lobby. Thank you and hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

After the first night if the front desk had put a long term lease in front of my wife I think she would have signed it. We really loved the room (156) and all the secluded charm this hotel exudes. A Labor Day weekend staycation that finished the summer off grandly. We had stayed as guests 7 years prior and a recent magazine article caught my eye when it discussed the recent 5 million renovation and expansion. Curious what 5 million buys these days, reservations were made at super summer rates. Rm 156 is one of the brand new10 deluxe hideaway casitas. 700 square feet it seemed bigger in person and the retractable skylight ceiling reminder me of Chase Field. Now all you need to do is add some sexy music to its retraction process.
Huge bathroom, natural light abundant, wood plank flooring, beehive fireplace in the corner, canopy bed with great mattress and linens. Tons of dresser space for your personal items. A walk in closet, room safe and it just goes on and on. I told you my wife would have signed that lease.....
Jean at the front desk was exceptional. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. Any requests were all addressed promptly. Very professional and friendly staff. They like their jobs here and who can blame them working in a paradise oasis with the landscaping full of flowers, trees and shrubbery. 7 years ago we enjoyed our stay here. Now with these improvements and staff, this hotel enters the upper echelon occupied only by Royal Palms and Fours Seasons Troon North. Highly recommend this fine boutique hotel in beautiful Paradise Valley, Arizona.

Room tip: 43 total rooms and any and all are good choices.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Studio69

Studio69,

All I can say is 'Wow, Wow, and More Wow!' Your detailed review is quite the compliment and we are most appreciative. Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. Your comments will be shared with the staff and provide encouragement for our team to continue providing the exemplary service that we are so proud to extend. Thank you for not only recommending us to others, but including us in the exclusive upper echelon. I do hope that you won't wait 7 more years to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were upgraded to a Grande and Deluxe Casita (summer special) - amazing spacious rooms with the old feel - so comfortable and quiet. The grounds are exquisite, the food and service fantastic. This is our 4th stay there and have never been disappointed. True relaxation if you choose to stay on the property and so close to so much Scottsdale/Phoenix has to offer.

Room tip: All rooms are wonderful - just depends on how much space you like.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Sue L
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Sue L,

Thank you for coming back time and again, Guests are truly able to appreciate peace and tranquility, while being only moments away from the finest shops, museums, golf courses, and more. We hope to welcome you back for your 5th, 6th, 7th, ...!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is a wonderful place if you'd like something unique and relaxing. Rooms were comfortable (we were in the original suites) and they had lots of character. Lon's has great food - both breakfast and dinner were fabulous. The bar was nice, however, they do not have a blender and do not make frozen drinks. So don't expect a nice frozen daiquiri at the pool (and we did). Never heard of a nice resort that chose to eliminate frozen drinks from their bar menu! I also feel compelled to warn guests that want to spend their time at the pool that this pool is NOT conducive to bare feet! I burned my feet walking to the pool steps the first time I got in. There is no real cool decking that edges the pool. And worse than that, they chose to use artificial grass around their pool. Apparently, no one clued them in that artificial grass is just as hot (if not hotter) than a concrete sidewalk. So unless your lounge chair is in the shade, do not step foot on that grass without flip flops or pool shoes. My husband and I had to share his flip flops (as mine were not really water-friendly) and had to tag team all afternoon to get in and out of the pool. Yes, it was THAT bad. So bring water shoes. You'll be very sorry if you don't. Sorry, Hermosa Inn - this is a major design flaw.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Gail D
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Gail D,

Thank you for your review. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Director of F&B and Chef regarding the drink menu. I was so sorry to hear about your feet. Unfortunately when the temps climb well over 100 degrees, cool deck doesn't stay as cool as we'd all like. We do carry flip flops in our boutique. Had I known that you didn't have any, I would have made sure to have given you a pair. We do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.