All reviewsdeluxe casitaboutique hotelwine cellarresidential neighborhoodfresh baked cookiesdrop barbeehive fireplacephoenix areaturn down servicegrounds are beautifulfront officereception areawalk in closetchocolate covered strawberriestwo night stayget awaylonger stay
Reviewed 5 September 2017

After the first night if the front desk had put a long term lease in front of my wife I think she would have signed it. We really loved the room (156) and all the secluded charm this hotel exudes. A Labor Day weekend staycation that finished the summer off grandly. We had stayed as guests 7 years prior and a recent magazine article caught my eye when it discussed the recent 5 million renovation and expansion. Curious what 5 million buys these days, reservations were made at super summer rates. Rm 156 is one of the brand new10 deluxe hideaway casitas. 700 square feet it seemed bigger in person and the retractable skylight ceiling reminder me of Chase Field. Now all you need to do is add some sexy music to its retraction process.
Huge bathroom, natural light abundant, wood plank flooring, beehive fireplace in the corner, canopy bed with great mattress and linens. Tons of dresser space for your personal items. A walk in closet, room safe and it just goes on and on. I told you my wife would have signed that lease.....
Jean at the front desk was exceptional. Housekeeping did a fantastic job. Any requests were all addressed promptly. Very professional and friendly staff. They like their jobs here and who can blame them working in a paradise oasis with the landscaping full of flowers, trees and shrubbery. 7 years ago we enjoyed our stay here. Now with these improvements and staff, this hotel enters the upper echelon occupied only by Royal Palms and Fours Seasons Troon North. Highly recommend this fine boutique hotel in beautiful Paradise Valley, Arizona.

Room Tip: 43 total rooms and any and all are good choices.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Studio69
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Studio69,

All I can say is 'Wow, Wow, and More Wow!' Your detailed review is quite the compliment and we are most appreciative. Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. Your comments will be shared with the staff and provide encouragement for our team to continue providing the exemplary service that we are so proud to extend. Thank you for not only recommending us to others, but including us in the exclusive upper echelon. I do hope that you won't wait 7 more years to return. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were upgraded to a Grande and Deluxe Casita (summer special) - amazing spacious rooms with the old feel - so comfortable and quiet. The grounds are exquisite, the food and service fantastic. This is our 4th stay there and have never been disappointed. True relaxation if you choose to stay on the property and so close to so much Scottsdale/Phoenix has to offer.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful - just depends on how much space you like.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue L
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Sue L,

Thank you for coming back time and again, Guests are truly able to appreciate peace and tranquility, while being only moments away from the finest shops, museums, golf courses, and more. We hope to welcome you back for your 5th, 6th, 7th, ...!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is a wonderful place if you'd like something unique and relaxing. Rooms were comfortable (we were in the original suites) and they had lots of character. Lon's has great food - both breakfast and dinner were fabulous. The bar was nice, however, they do not have a blender and do not make frozen drinks. So don't expect a nice frozen daiquiri at the pool (and we did). Never heard of a nice resort that chose to eliminate frozen drinks from their bar menu! I also feel compelled to warn guests that want to spend their time at the pool that this pool is NOT conducive to bare feet! I burned my feet walking to the pool steps the first time I got in. There is no real cool decking that edges the pool. And worse than that, they chose to use artificial grass around their pool. Apparently, no one clued them in that artificial grass is just as hot (if not hotter) than a concrete sidewalk. So unless your lounge chair is in the shade, do not step foot on that grass without flip flops or pool shoes. My husband and I had to share his flip flops (as mine were not really water-friendly) and had to tag team all afternoon to get in and out of the pool. Yes, it was THAT bad. So bring water shoes. You'll be very sorry if you don't. Sorry, Hermosa Inn - this is a major design flaw.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gail D
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Gail D,

Thank you for your review. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Director of F&B and Chef regarding the drink menu. I was so sorry to hear about your feet. Unfortunately when the temps climb well over 100 degrees, cool deck doesn't stay as cool as we'd all like. We do carry flip flops in our boutique. Had I known that you didn't have any, I would have made sure to have given you a pair. We do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is our second time to the Hermosa and we will definitely return. The Hermosa is a boutique hotel with a rich history. Once on the grounds, you forget you are only a short drive to plenty of shopping and restaurants.
The staff is always wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Jessica, at the pool, was a rock star!
The grounds are beautiful and very nicely maintained.
Rooms are really nice. Good size, well appointed, comfortable beds and pillows. Each has a nice outside sitting area.
The on-site restaurant, Lon's, is excellent. We were with a group of friends and had scheduled a wine paired dinner in the wine cellar. What a great experience. The food, wine and especially the service from Vincent and Pedro were all first rate.
Hot in the Phoenix area this time of year, but great deals and no crowds Seemed like our group had the pool to ourselves throughout our stay
Great hotel for a weekend escape.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked great
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Kenneth432,

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent return visit to The Hermosa and Lon's and that everything was to your liking. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our staff who work hard to provide the stellar service that you experienced. You are so right - our Summer In Paradise package is a great deal - and it's available through September - just in case you want to take one more quick getaway! Thank you for your review and your continuing patronage.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Food was amazing, grounds and rooms were divine and service next to none! Price was very affordable as well so we just ate more food ( : D ) . We would go again for another stay for sure. Make sure to take one of the bikes and ride 2.5 miles to Echo Canyon trailhead to hike Camelback Mountain. A super must do and challenging event! Only drawback was the hard bed. I'm sure half the people say it is too hard and the other half say too soft so take this comment with a grain of salt. I need super/super/super soft mattresses because of a bad back.

Room Tip: Make reservations right away at booking to make sure you get the best selection of times you want to reserve dining at Lon's. Superb!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

mdunmir1,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. Many of our guests agree with you - that bike ride and hike is a must. Guests also like to ride along the canal located just a short distance from our property. It actually goes for about 80 miles and is a fabulous spot for those that like to walk, jog, or bike. Perhaps on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.