All reviews deluxe casita boutique hotel wine cellar residential neighborhood fresh baked cookies drop bar beehive fireplace phoenix area turn down service grounds are beautiful front office reception area walk in closet chocolate covered strawberries two night stay get away longer stay
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We were upgraded to a Grande and Deluxe Casita (summer special) - amazing spacious rooms with the old feel - so comfortable and quiet. The grounds are exquisite, the food and service fantastic. This is our 4th stay there and have never been disappointed. True relaxation if you choose to stay on the property and so close to so much Scottsdale/Phoenix has to offer.

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful - just depends on how much space you like.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Sue L
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Sue L,

Thank you for coming back time and again, Guests are truly able to appreciate peace and tranquility, while being only moments away from the finest shops, museums, golf courses, and more. We hope to welcome you back for your 5th, 6th, 7th, ...!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This is a wonderful place if you'd like something unique and relaxing. Rooms were comfortable (we were in the original suites) and they had lots of character. Lon's has great food - both breakfast and dinner were fabulous. The bar was nice, however, they do not have a blender and do not make frozen drinks. So don't expect a nice frozen daiquiri at the pool (and we did). Never heard of a nice resort that chose to eliminate frozen drinks from their bar menu! I also feel compelled to warn guests that want to spend their time at the pool that this pool is NOT conducive to bare feet! I burned my feet walking to the pool steps the first time I got in. There is no real cool decking that edges the pool. And worse than that, they chose to use artificial grass around their pool. Apparently, no one clued them in that artificial grass is just as hot (if not hotter) than a concrete sidewalk. So unless your lounge chair is in the shade, do not step foot on that grass without flip flops or pool shoes. My husband and I had to share his flip flops (as mine were not really water-friendly) and had to tag team all afternoon to get in and out of the pool. Yes, it was THAT bad. So bring water shoes. You'll be very sorry if you don't. Sorry, Hermosa Inn - this is a major design flaw.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gail D
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Gail D,

Thank you for your review. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our Director of F&B and Chef regarding the drink menu. I was so sorry to hear about your feet. Unfortunately when the temps climb well over 100 degrees, cool deck doesn't stay as cool as we'd all like. We do carry flip flops in our boutique. Had I known that you didn't have any, I would have made sure to have given you a pair. We do hope that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is our second time to the Hermosa and we will definitely return. The Hermosa is a boutique hotel with a rich history. Once on the grounds, you forget you are only a short drive to plenty of shopping and restaurants.
The staff is always wonderful, very friendly and accommodating. Jessica, at the pool, was a rock star!
The grounds are beautiful and very nicely maintained.
Rooms are really nice. Good size, well appointed, comfortable beds and pillows. Each has a nice outside sitting area.
The on-site restaurant, Lon's, is excellent. We were with a group of friends and had scheduled a wine paired dinner in the wine cellar. What a great experience. The food, wine and especially the service from Vincent and Pedro were all first rate.
Hot in the Phoenix area this time of year, but great deals and no crowds Seemed like our group had the pool to ourselves throughout our stay
Great hotel for a weekend escape.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked great
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Kenneth432,

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent return visit to The Hermosa and Lon's and that everything was to your liking. I will make sure to pass along your comments to our staff who work hard to provide the stellar service that you experienced. You are so right - our Summer In Paradise package is a great deal - and it's available through September - just in case you want to take one more quick getaway! Thank you for your review and your continuing patronage.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Food was amazing, grounds and rooms were divine and service next to none! Price was very affordable as well so we just ate more food ( : D ) . We would go again for another stay for sure. Make sure to take one of the bikes and ride 2.5 miles to Echo Canyon trailhead to hike Camelback Mountain. A super must do and challenging event! Only drawback was the hard bed. I'm sure half the people say it is too hard and the other half say too soft so take this comment with a grain of salt. I need super/super/super soft mattresses because of a bad back.

Room Tip: Make reservations right away at booking to make sure you get the best selection of times you want to reserve dining at Lon's. Superb!!!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

mdunmir1,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. Many of our guests agree with you - that bike ride and hike is a must. Guests also like to ride along the canal located just a short distance from our property. It actually goes for about 80 miles and is a fabulous spot for those that like to walk, jog, or bike. Perhaps on your next visit! We look forward to welcoming you back as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

My husband and I just returned back to Canada after celebrating our anniversary with the Hermosa Inn. I always feel that it is important to take the time to review a hotel such as this, who took the time to make our stay so wonderful. The hotel is so charming with much attention to detail for customer service (front desk, valet service and chamber service), decor throughout the hotel and the meticulous landscaping throughout. Upon check in we were given a cool towel and water bottles (much appreciated throughout our stay as it was hot!). We were escorted to our deluxe casita 150. I was informed that this was a recently renovated deluxe casita. The room was impeccably clean. Loved the beehive fireplace and the decor throughout the room, the leather chairs and the comfortable king sized bed with white comfortable linens. The bathroom was tastefully done with a beautiful claw foot tub. I am extremely picky with my room choices when I travel and this room was spot-on; spacious, clean and lovely. Read the book left behind in the room describing the history of Lon Megargee/ the history of the Hermosa Inn(entertaining). Turn down service is a nice touch, the fresh baked cookies were great in the evening.

My husband and I went to happy hour at Lon's Last Drop and highly recommend the happy hour which runs from 4 pm to 6 pm. Our server (I believe her name was Christine) was extremely friendly and helpful. I tried the house white wine for $6 and my husband tried from an extensive list of crafted beers which I believed were for $5 dollars. Try the bar munchies which are phenomenal. We tried the hummus/pita, goat cheese curds which were infused with rosemary and oil, and the tacos which were obviously made fresh/scratch. The food was hot, well priced and simply delicious, one of the best priced and tasting bar food snacks I have ever had.

The pool is great, with many chaises with cushions. There is an unlimited supply of towels and bottled water was in the mini fridge. As we are a younger couple if you want a more happening pool scene, this perhaps isn't the pool for you. The pool is on the smaller size but I came to relax and liked the scene more quiet, to me it was perfect. Menus are by the pool area if you wish to order lunch/drinks.

My hubby and I tried Lon's Restaurant in the evening. The reception upon check in, into the restaurant was very warm and friendly and we were asked how we were enjoying our stay at the hotel which was much appreciated. We were escorted to our dinner table and served by Vincent. Vincent was a very receptive and attentive server (professional). Best food I tried during my entire time in Arizona. The dining room so well appointed with the decor (leather, cowhide, wooden beamed ceiling), we appreciated the nostalgia of the dining room. The wine list was extensive and since it was my first time to Arizona, I wanted a wine from the area. We tried a red wine from the Camp Verde area and loved it. I had the chicken, my hubby had the short ribs and it was amazing. A little bit on the pricey side...but well worth the money spent. We also ate breakfast twice at the restaurant, and tried the short rib hash and huevos egg dish, both excellent dishes.

We used the bicycles that were provided by the hotel and enjoyed biking to see Camelback Mountain and the Paradise Valley area to check out the residences. Check out was easy. Simply put....I didn't want to leave...I think this is a good thing, no? Thanks Hermosa Inn for the great stay and will recommend your Inn to all our friends!

Room Tip: Lol can't go wrong anywhere here, grounds are beautiful everywhere. Room 150 was an end unit if that helps.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JCHOOBS
Pam S, Guest Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

JCHOOBS,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this marvelous detailed review of The Hermosa and Lon's. Our small size,focus on attention to detail, along with a dedicated staff, allows us to happily provide the personalized service and numerous amenities you have so eloquently described. We are always so appreciative of such glowing recognition. Thank you. We hope to welcome you back as our guests again soon.