All reviews deluxe casita boutique hotel wine cellar residential neighborhood fresh baked cookies drop bar beehive fireplace phoenix area turn down service grounds are beautiful front office reception area walk in closet chocolate covered strawberries two night stay get away longer stay
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Do yourself a favor and get down to the Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley, AZ. From the friendly Staff to the amazing restaurant - Lon's, the Hermosa Inn is simply one of the best kept secrets around. My Wife and I were married here last year and nothing has changed our opinion of the Hermosa Inn being one of our favorite places in the world. Just a top shelf experience, hosted by top shelf people and surrounded by top shelf surroundings and serenity. We highly recommend the Hermosa Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob T
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for the "amazing" review, Rob! We're so happy to have been a part of such a special day in your lives and that you continue to return - and enjoy it each time.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with others here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed her on a personal trip. Feels secluded and romantic. Quiet and clean with rooms that seem are in top condition. Service is nice but unobtrusive. Great place to take your significant other, honeymoon, wedding night, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James G

Thank you for staying with us, James - and for the great review! We very much appreciate it and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Some hotels you just want to rate 5 because you like them and you want them to do well. I stayed at Hermosa for one night and found it very Zen. Particularly since it was a July, boiling hot and off season. No people. Ah, paradise. you can see a great deal of money and effort has been spent in the public areas and on the rooms. Every detail has been considered, nothing overlooked. But the ultimate litmus test of the 5 star hotel is its service. And even more precisely their handling of a problem, which invariably will come up. That's what separates greatness for "very good". Great hotels know that a problem is an opportunity to shine and to retain a loyal customer - a lifeblood for boutique hotels like these. I am afraid the hotel slipped on this count. My shower only put out lukewarm water. I discovered it just before bedtime and went ahead and took a bracing quick shower and went to bed. The next day , during the check out, the lady asked me how was my stay and I told her that while the stay was ok, the shower was cold. She took the news in stride and mentioned construction next door that "something will have to be done about".. I paused to see where she would go with that, but that was that. The great hotel would have used that chance to show their concern and offer something to make me see that they cared.. For example - discount the room or take the breakfast off, or - better yet - offer me a deal on the next stay. It's not about the money, it is about the making the customer feel good about what happened. If it such policy is in place, then this is on the lady who was checking me out (and her training), if the hotel doesn't empower the people who come in contacts with a customer to make things right, then t's on the management/ownership. It always surprises me when I see such effort and budget go into a property, yet such simple thing as making the customer happy, doesn't get as high of a priority. Shame. It could have been a real 5 star experience, even with a cool shower.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank onepoet
Kendra R, Public Relations Manager at Hermosa Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for the great review, and your feedback. It is only through remarks such as yours that we are able to make improvements to our service, and we apologize for not handling things better upon checkout.

Our Director of Guest Services has since followed up with her staff to ensure a situation such as this does not recur in the future. We very much appreciate your review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We spent one night in this wonderful Hotel. From the minute we arrived we were treated like old friends we were lucky enough to be upgraded in to a wonderful room the food in the restaurant was first class's and the guy at breakfast had exceptional customer service Thank you and hopefully see you next year. Iain & Janet Mackenzie

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Iain M

Thank you for the great review, Iain and Janet! We're so happy you chose to stay with us and look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I spent a night at the Hermosa Inn on our way to southern Utah recently and we would have been very content to spend a couple more days there. The casitas, set in attractive desert landscape, are beautiful, comfortable and well appointed. The grounds are gorgeous with wonderful local sculptures and loads of wildlife. We enjoyed relaxing in the garden in the early morning watching the birds and small animals. I'm so glad that we booked dinner at Lon's. The food and wine are delicious, service was efficient and personable, the patio setting is romantic and we especially appreciated the guitarist. We didn't have time to use the pool or outdoor spa tub but they looked clean and inviting. If we find ourselves in Phoenix again we would not hesitate to return to the Hermosa Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BAM1113

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay, along with dinner at LON's, and look forward to seeing you again on upcoming visits to AZ. In the meantime, safe travels!