“great value”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Nogales
Magdalena, New Mexico
“great value”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were having trouble finding a hotel that allowed pets. We found the El
Dorado. The owners are great, friendly and very helpful. This is not a fancy place, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable place at a great price, this is it!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zonker87825
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nogales
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I had a stay of four days in El Dorado . It was a great experience . I had come to stay in Nogales so I needed to stay in a motel till I found my own apartment .My family was going to join me a little later.When I reached here I was missing my family but fortunately the people over here gave me a homely atmosphere . They guided me in my relocation though it was not their responsibility. I cherish those days of my life.
If I speak about the ambiance of the motel it is superb. The rooms are well organized and beautiful .The services are excellent. I highly recommend this motel if you really want to enjoy your stay away from home.
Mable Shaju

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Mable S
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I had to go to mexico for visa stamping and I am glad that I found this place for overnight stay.
All I can say is this Hotel is best for price in Nogales AZ.
The staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were pretty big and clean.
I highly recommend this hotel especially if you are finding place for overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Aniruddha_m
Alamo, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I read the two reviews, and thot I'd stay here because it said it had a bar here, a good breakfast, and nice employees. Called and made reservation with Akum, tho a little difficult to understand his English. He said he'd just charge $10 for one pet, not $20 for my two girlies.
Arrived late, but they still had my reservation. With AARP rate, he said it would be about 70-80 dollars, and I said Motel 6 was probably cheaper and didn't have a pet fee. I called Motel 6, and I could have gotten in for less than $50. Told desk clerk, and he fiddle farted and said he'd give me a room for $53, plus $10 pet fee, and a free breakfast. I finally agreed to it, and after this "discount" it still turned out to be $73.00.
The bar is closed down.
Signs in office say Saturday breakfast 6:30 to 9:30 AM; I was there at 6:45, but cook wouldn't be there until 8 pm. Motel manager called me when cook arrived. Breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast and hashbrowns, and ham so salty my dogs wouldn't eat it, either. Cook was a very attractive woman with a big smile! Very nice lady!
Room was fine, it did have a fridge and microwave, and a table with two chairs.
Don't know why he gave me a handicapped room - the clothing rack was 4 feet off the ground, and my dresses and coats couldn't hang on it.
All outlets were used except for the one in the bathroom, makes it tricky to charge phones or use computer.
Manager said if I wrote a good review on here, he'd give me a $5 discount on my next stay. But he doesn't know I am writing this.
Gas station / store across the street.
I went to Scotty's, a bar about 3 miles up Grand Avenue. Big crowd there, all know each other, about four busy pool tables. DJ played good music, but no one danced but me.
Came here to go to Mexico for medications and gifts. The office had a pre-made map of how to get to border and parking.
Called office from Mexico that I would be an hour late checking out of hotel because of late breakfast, and long line coming back into states, and that wasn't a problem at all.
I'd like to stay again. It was close enough to the border, friendly staff, good breakfast (I'll try the breakfast burrito next time). Nice patrons, too.
But upset how expensive it turned out to be.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank yup2469
Tempe,AZ
Reviewed 26 June 2008

I stayed for one night. The room, furniture and bed was good and clean. The bathroom was "ok" and need some upgrade. I did the reservation on the motel website. When I got to the Motel, there was no trace of the reservation. I had a copy of it with me so I got the room for the same price, otherwise they would have charged me more. Overall, I recommend staying at this Motel. Next time I would call the front desk instead of using their web site to reserve a room.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Sunny_AZ_08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
0.6 km away
Hotel Marques de Cima
#4 of 7 in Nogales
2.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Nogales

Been to El Dorado Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK