Hacienda Corona de Guevavi
QualityInn
US$ 96
US$ 63
  • Pool
El Dorado Inn(Nogales)(Great Value!)
US$ 64
US$ 80
US$ 74
US$ 58
Hotels.com
All reviewsla patronajohn waynewonderful hostsgreat historythe perfect spotother guestsranchnisahorsesstoriesgemcasitasecretarizonapropertyweddingaccommodations
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Staying here is like being the welcome guest of a wealthy rancher in Old Arizona. The sprawling ranch house and out buildings are furnished with taste and character. The hostess is gracious and generous. I stayed with my mother in the Duke room, which has a separate sleeping area with fold-out couch. But we hardly spent any time in the room. Instead, we relaxed in front of a fire in the living room while sipping wine and chatting with our hostess. The ranch is an ideal location for a retreat, destination wedding or other event. There are wonderful things to do in the area - if you can tear yourself away from the ranch.

Room Tip: La Patrona is an incredibly elegant and romantic room for a couple. But every room is nice and guests have their choice of several seating areas indoors and out - sit by the fire; bask in the sun by the pool; gaze out over the valley from one of the patios.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TripKathy
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Loved it. Will definitely go back. We were charmed from the second we arrived. Wild duck pond to greet us, slow winding hill, sweeping vistas. This B&B is the quietest place I have been in and is decorated to perfection. Each room individually styled and proportioned. Large homey farm type kitchen and verandas everywhere. We felt at home in 5 minutes

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Kaa123kaa
Reviewed 8 August 2012

When we visited Hacienda Corona for the first time, it was late at night. After driving a mile off the main road down a dirt, washboard trail, my wife and I had our doubts. Then we arrived at the main house, entered the courtyard, and we were transported into another time and place -- the old West. We have since gone back nearly half-a-dozen times and each time is better than the last. This place should be designated an historic landmark. Original murals by Mexican artist and bullfighter Corona decorated the interior walls. This hacienda has four rooms to rent -- we have rented them all except for "The Duke" - John Wayne's favorite bedroom when he was a frequent visitor there. (He first visited when he was filming a John Ford western nearby.) The Stovers are wonderful owners and make you feel like you are more family than guests. It's conveniently located, Mexico for lunch is a 20 minute drive. There's horseback trips thru the Santa Cruz Valley and into the mountains surrounding it, sunning by the swimming pool, and incredible Mexican/Arizona style breakfasts. I have found old (meaning 300-500 yrs old) indian pottery around this Hacienda left by the Hohokum Indians who camped out exactly where the hacienda now stands. I highly recommend spending at least a few nights at this authentic, unique hacienda.

Room Tip: Book early since it's generally sold out. While there, check out Tubac, Tumacocori and Patagonia -- all unique and historical communities an easy 30 minute drive.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RJClancy
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed here on a long road trip, and totally loved the experience. The property is magical, and the host (Wendy) went out of her way to make sure my visit was enjoyable, even accomodating a special dietary request for breakfast.

I loved wandering the property, and waking up in the morning to the sound of so many kinds of birds was amazing. I wish I could have spent longer here; it is such a restful place, and there are all kinds of corners in which to park with a book, or take a nap, or just sit and enjoy the desert.

I'll be back when I'm in the area

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank mickle229
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Thanks for the great review and especially for the beautiful pictures. We'll be looking forward to that return trip!

Wendy

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We did not know much about the Hacienda when we arrived. We had received a gift certificate to go there and did not have much information about the ranch. Boy were we in for a surprise! The accommodations were outstanding. My husband and I slept so well in the La Patrona room. Wendy Stover, the owner, was so hospitable and friendly- we felt right at home. And the next morning, we had a delicious breakfast that would put any other hotel's breakfast bar to shame! We are telling all our friends and family about this wonderful place.

We will surely visit again!
-The Shaws