Lusias is a must for anybody spending any time on the big Island of Savaii!! There is a range of different accomodation to choose from(from $55Tala/person), a great restaurant, good snorkelling, free kayaks etc and extremely friendly and helpful service...
My partner and i had heard about Lusias from one of the websites that lists the different accomodation available in Samoa and had tried unsuccessfully to book before our trip (im still not sure whether they dont recieve emails or what the problem was....the only negative i have to mention). However due to it being so close to the Ferry we thought we would catch a 2 Tala cab to see if we might find something available. The 'over the water fales' were full up for the night but we were able to stay in one of the garden chalets at a discounted price because of this.
For $170Tala we had a nice clean room with a cosy queen sized bed, air conditioning and a fan, a fridge/freezer and an en suite (with a hot water shower)....was great value!!
We then decided that we would spend our last night on Savaii there as well because of how much we enjoyed it and because it was so close to where we caught the ferry. This second time around we stayed in one of the over the water fales, and for $65Tala/person thought they were also amazing!! Although pretty small next to some of the other fales we stayed in, we found it to be comfortable, with a nice bed, and loved the fact that we could sit out on the deck eating fresh tropical fruit, drinkin cocktails and watching a variety of tropical fish swimming around underneath us....
All in all some of the best value for money accomodation we stayed in and i would recommend it to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa