“Very cosy and great value!”
Review of La Tasca de Banos

La Tasca de Banos
Ranked #14 of 145 Restaurants in Banos
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 7
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Tasca is the first Spanish restaurant in Baños, where you can enjoy delicious paella or an excellent choice of tapas, all with an authentic Spanish flavor. You will be served by the owners in a good atmosphere.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This little restaurant run by a friendly Spanish man from Malaga is a delight! All homemade tapas at a reasonable price (around $3-5 per dish). A good house wine - especially for Ecuadorian standards -. Ask for the boquerones, outstanding!

PepeLara, Propietario at La Tasca de Banos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Dear customer, thank You very much for your wonderful opinion. Sorry that I didn’t answer it before, but I wasn’t unable to enter in my Tripadvisor account. Regards from Baños.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here last night. It was spectacular. The hosts, Pepe and Gloria were welcoming and so nice!
Still the food is the reason to go. We got 6 tapas, every single thing was awesome.
We had poor man's potatoes, this salmon dish that was divine, Galician pulpo, lamb brochettes, a house salad, which was excellent and finally a meat platter. It was a splurge for us and 4 dishes would have been enough but the total was still u der$35 with drinks.
You don't need to spend so much but if you want something special, this place does the trick.
Very romantic too, candles on the table...
Highly recommend trying this place, get the salmon, it was divine!!

Dear customer, thank You very much for your wonderful opinion. Sorry that I didn’t answer it before, but I wasn’t unable to enter in my Tripadvisor account. All teh best for You and regards from Baños.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the pulpo gallego and the potato appetizer dish a lot. The owner, Pepe, is very involved and hung out with us and shared his story! That was awesome. It's a small locale so easy to meet others there as well. Good food and made lots of new friends!

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Thanks Gloria and Pepe for the lovely evening. The food was perfect and soooooo delicious and the dessert also!La Tasca it is a must for everyone who arrives in Banos!!I highly recommend!!

Dear customer, Thank You very much for your wonderful opinion. Sorry that I didn’t answer it before, but I wasn’t unable to enter in my Tripadvisor account. Regards from Baños.

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Went here for New Years Day! Awesome food. Tapas - little plates. Seafood, meat, salad... everything was aromatic and filling!

Thank You very much for your wonderful opinion. Sorry that I didn’t answer it before, but I wasn’t unable to enter in my Tripadvisor account. Regards.