“Fabulous tapas- especially the seafood”
Review of La Tasca de Banos

La Tasca de Banos
Ranked #12 of 145 Restaurants in Banos
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 7
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Tasca is the first Spanish restaurant in Baños, where you can enjoy delicious paella or an excellent choice of tapas, all with an authentic Spanish flavor. You will be served by the owners in a good atmosphere.
Reviewed 28 January 2017

My fiance and I went here on the recommendation of a friend. It was everything we'd been hoping for and more. I studied in Spain in 2003 and I still recall the fabulous tapas there. This place brought back so many happy memories.
We had a Galician-inspired octopus dish first that was our favorite. The other two dishes were lovely too (salmon bites and prawns) but the sauce and preparation for the octopus was truly outstanding. We each had a glass of the house white wine and it was good too. The dessert was amazing though, a creme de Catalan. Both of us were extremely happy with our meal and with the wonderful service. Even though a load of folks came through the door not long after we sat down, we were not ignored. Great experience!

PepeLara, Propietario at La Tasca de Banos, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank You very much for your wonderful opinion. Sorry that I didn’t answer it before, but I wasn’t unable to enter in my Tripadvisor account. Regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

After travelling 17 days in Spain, my wife and I frequently ate tapas all over Spain. We became addicted.

When I found out there was an authentic tapas restaurant in Banos, I had to check it out.

I met the owner, Spanish born and bred. Although he was very fluent in English and German, he spoke to me in Spanish (which I appreciated very much).

I ordered the chicken croquettes, which rivaled any croquettes I had in Spain. They were simply to die for. I also ordered the Cachopos (breaded sirloin filets stuffed with Serrano ham and mature cheese.) Again, a great choice, a great dish.

My only regret was that La Tasca was only open during the weekends. Que lastima!

Un restaurante muy bueno. Muchísimas gracias!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Don't miss having the experience of feasting in this restaurant. Excellent food and service that is exemplary!

PepeLara, Propietario at La Tasca de Banos, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Dear customers, thank you very much for your excellent commentary. We are glad that you liked our tapas and our service. We wish you a mild winter in Montreal and hope to see you sometime again. Kindly Regards.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

If you like Paella, this is the place to come. Tip: must order 1 hour in advance. Just give Pepe a call and he will have your table and Paella ready when you arrive. Bring your appetite! It was more than 2 of us could finish, but great for left overs the next day. They open at 6:30pm. The restaurant is very small with quaint friendly atmosphere. Thanks to Pepe and his wife!

Dear customer, thank you very much for you great opinion about our paellas. Gloria and I fell very satisfied that you liked our restaurant and our service. See you soon, regards.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Small and cosy restaurant with excellent tapas. Reasonable priced, nice owner. Had diner here and czme back the next evening! Nothing more to say. Go and visit the place!

Dear customers, thank you very much for your excellent commentary. We are glad that you liked our tapas and our service. Hope to see you sometime again.