1,809 results
All reviewsbeagle channelgated communitychannel viewmountain viewfree shuttlethe hotel offersbeautiful hotelregular shuttlehotel restaurantshuttle serviceamazing viewsin townstayed longerenjoy the viewpublic areasdowntown ushuaiathe indoor outdoor pool
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I came to cold wintery Patagonia in July to get away from hot humid DC. I booked a superior room that had an absolutely incredible view of the Beagle Channel and it was 100% worth it! It was so breathtakingly beautiful and I felt very relaxed even though I didn't even get a chance to use the spa since I only had time for one night in Ushuaia. I was torn between Cauqenes and Arakur when looking at hotels and while both are nice, I preferred the more classic, rustic decor of Los Cauquenes in the pictures. I wandered the terraces and the beach and there's this gorgeous glass room near the lobby with lounge chairs and couches so you can enjoy looking at the water and the surrounding mountains even if you don't book a Channel view room. The food is excellent - definitely try their king crab dishes. The staff was great - they let me check out late at noon and the concierge was responsive when I requested airport transfers (I didn't get it automatically for free because I booked thru Amex Travel - if you book directly w/ the hotel it's included). Wine selection in Reinamora the restaurant is limited if you don't purchase bottles, but it's still good. The room was very clean, spacious and included basic toiletries etc. The hotel has a shuttle that goes into town throughout the day and they offer a lot of fun excursions - if I stayed longer I definitely would have taken advantage of some of those offers. I am planning to go to Antarctica sometime in 2020 and Los Cauquenes will absolutely be my #1 choice when I return to Ushuaia for that trip.

Room Tip: Book a Channel view room - waking up with that view is so worth it
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
loscauquenes, Departamento de Atención al Huésped at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Wendy,
We thank you for having taken the time to write such a lovely review. For the entire team of Los Cauquenes Resort+Spa+Experiences is part of our vocation to deliver a good service, and this kind of review gives us the motivation we need to keep up with the great work. Your words are really important to us.
We would be happy to have you back in our hotel.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2018

This review is regarding the poor customer service rather than the quality of the hotel.
When we arrived in Buenos Aires from London, there was a national strike. We discovered our early morning flight to Ushuaia was cancelled after waiting in a queue for more than an hour. We then waited nearly 24 hours in the airport with no sleep and were very lucky to get a flight at 04h20 AM the day after.
When we arrived at Los Cauquenes hotel at 09h15 AM, the hotel manager warmly welcomed us and offered us a “good deal” to get our room extended for $120. We declined his offer and decided to use our room for the 45 minutes left before check out to have a shower. We checked out at 10h00 am as requested. Having stayed just a few hours, the room and hotel seemed really nice. I am sure we would have really enjoyed our stay if we had not arrived nearly a day late, but unfortunately this hotel will be associated with poor customer service. We would have appreciated a little bit more compassion regarding our situation by allowing us to keep the room for just a couple of hours longer at no additional cost!
Clearly, the customer service box is missing on their To Do List.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BE F
loscauquenes, Customer Support at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2018

Dear Beverly

We appreciate that you left your comments on your recent stay. It is really important for us to know the whole experience of our guests in order to improve our service day after day.
We hope we can welcome you back to Los Cauquenes soon.

Los Cauquenes+Resort+Experiences

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Great Hotel. Amazing Staff. (Concierge is great as well)
Everything new and clean: rooms (really great amenities), SPA, restaurant and public areas.
Location is great for a good rest and Beagle channel view (away from downtown) - that guarantees peace and silent.
Downtown free transfer is really good, fast, comfortable and good schedule.
Good food for dinner and room service, great breakfast as well with fresh fruits, juice, breads, fiambres, and so on.
Very comfortable for a family stay.

Room Tip: Comfortable and good cost benefit
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
loscauquenes, Departamento de Atención al Huésped at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire team here at Los Cauquenes Resort+Spa+Esperiences, we would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write sucha a nice review about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our services.
Please, do not hesitate to come back if you ever return to Ushuaia. We would be delighted to have you here again.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We've stayed at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa twice now - and both times our stay exceeded our (high) expectations. The first time we were in a beautiful suite with excellent views and private terrace, and the staff (especially Ailin Miller) went above and beyond to provide us with a tailored experience which involved a lot of special coordination. They did an amazing job. The second time we stayed only for a 2 days on the way to Antarctica, in a slightly less decadent room, but with the same amazing views and wonderful treatment. We've enjoyed both dinner and breakfasts on site, and all have been wonderful. Breakfast is a top notch buffet, including champagne and dinner is very elegant with some great local options and excellent preparations. Common spaces are wonderful - so many great terraces and couches to enjoy the wonderful view, and the spa is amazing. I love the indoor/outdoor pool and the outdoor hot tub, but there is an indoor hot tub and saunas as well. Staff are wonderful Wifi is strong, and housekeeping excellent. I've already recommended it to friends traveling to Patagonia and I hope I have the opportunity to return!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jmm234
loscauquenes, Departamento de Atención al Huésped at Los Cauquenes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire team here at Los Cauquenes Resort + Spa + Experiences, we would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our services. Please, do not hesitate to come back if you ever return to Ushuaia. We would be delighted to have you here again!
Los Cauquenes + Resort + Spa + Experiences

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed for a week, from the moment I opened my room I knew I was going to have a great and relaxing time.
The view from my room everyday was really worth it the extra money. Excellent service !!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriela S

Dear Gabriela,
We would like to thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and our services.
Los Cauquenes + Resort + Spa + Experiences