All reviews top floor breakfast room great hotel the main street beagle channel great view free afternoon degree view modern hotel lovely room front desk staff rooms are clean and comfortable san martin other countries stayed for one night average size day cruise
Reviewed 16 July 2018

We loved our stay at Alto Andino!! We were on the -1 floor and loved having a little patio right outside of our room. The 4th floor breakfast area has an AMAZING view!!! We loved having breakfast up there and afternoon complementary coffee with cookies! The heater was on very high and we were hot in the room, but once we figured out how to turn it off it was great! The bathroom had a towel heater and that was a game changer when needing towels to dry and if you have to wash any clothes.
It was a short two block walk to the main road and we felt close to everything! There was a big kiosco/market across the street to buy anything you needed! The staff was very nice and helpful too!!
I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Ushuaia!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Veronica M
Reviewed 24 June 2018

A small clean hotel. Get a room with a view of the city and the port. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shops down near the port. The staff was very helpful as I had some time to kill and was looking for some local options.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We stayed at Alto Andino for 3 nights at the start of a 3 week trip around Argentina and Chile. This was one of the most expensive hotels we stayed in. It was very comfortable, but I wouldn’t say it was particularly luxurious (certainly in comparison to some other places). You might conclude therefore that it’s not great value for money. However, it’s pretty unfair to compare Ushuaia to other parts of Argentina since it is inherently a much more expensive place.

Accepting that it’s going to cost a certain amount to stay somewhere decent in Ushuaia, then I think that Alto Andino delivers pretty well. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and large enough for space not to be a problem. The staff were extremely helpful. The WiFi worked well. The location is good. It’s a downhill walk to the main streets, which of course means an uphill walk after dinner (with one notable exception). However, the distances are pretty small so I would class this place as very central. Furthermore, it’s in a pretty quiet location, which allows for decent sleep.

The views from the breakfast room are the main selling point in my view (in both the Beagle channel direction and up to Glacier Martial). It’s a lovely room to spend time in, both for breakfast but also at the end of the day. The breakfast itself was not up to much, but again that’s not something I would expect to be better anywhere else in Ushuaia: breakfasts in Argentina were generally very poor in our experience, mainly because they focus on cake and other sweet treats to satisfy domestic demand.

Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Nice hotel in a good location in Ushuaia. Although we had a room in the basement, the breakfast/day room on the fourth floor was great. The view of most of the city and harbour was awesome. Spent time in the evening there just watching!! Staff were mostly friendly but not over interactive.
Only concern was the heat of our room and the window being on ground level, wasn’t sure how safe it was to leave it open. Try for an upper floor room. We did arrive rather late due to flight cancellations so I guess this is the room that was left. Otherwise comfortable with a spa which was great after a day trekking in the TDF National Park. Would stay again

Room Tip: Definitely upper floor
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Proyectos hotel... s, Atención al huésped at Alto Andino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for staying in the Alto Andino Hotel ! Your opinion is very important to us

Reviewed 26 March 2018

The rooms are nice and the views that I had were pretty amazing. My only issue was that there was no AC and with the windows open, the dogs barked all night so I finally closed the window. It wasn't a major issue. I loved the deep bathtub and the wonderful breakfast. The hotel held our baggage until our room was ready and then until we were ready to leave. Great location a couple of blocks from the main drag so we didn't get the main street noise that some of my friends complained about. Be ready to walk up a nice hill to get to the hotel. The staff could not have been better and helped us find things in the local area. Highly recommend it as long as the AC isn't an issue.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better for the view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo