Posada Los Alamos(El Calafate)
US$ 118
US$ 80
La Cantera Boutique Hotel(El Calafate)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 58
US$ 79
US$ 65
US$ 128
US$ 98
America del Sur Hostel(El Calafate)(Great Value!)
US$ 31
US$ 29
  • Breakfast included
Rochester Hotel Calafate(El Calafate)(Great Value!)
US$ 60
US$ 50
US$ 138
US$ 80
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 90/night.

Hotel Sierra Nevada(El Calafate)
  • Restaurant
1,170 results
All reviewsevery hourhotel runs a free shuttlein townmin shuttlemain disadvantagelovely spaminor improvementsbell staffbooked hotelswimming poolspa area isbbq lambhotel stayhotel is locatedsmall gymmusic festivalscrambled eggs and bacon
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Alto Calfate Hotel Patagonia, February 4 one night ( Room 109 ) & again February 7 to February 10, 2018 ( room 139 )

this hotel is uniquely positioned, it is located on a high hill in El Calfate overlooking the largest lake in Argentina called “” Lake Argentino” with it’s turquoise color and in the background on a clear day you can see beautiful mountains covered with snow, what beautiful scenery… it really is breathtaking.

Our first stay was short and sweet , we just stayed overnight to travel to “ Torres del Plaine“ National Park in Chile which takes 5 hrs. depending on the border crossing in Chile.

on our first stay we were accommodated in room 109.. it is an old fashion style room decor ( nothing wrong with it ) which perhaps fits perfectly into the local theme of a frontier town. The room was large and clean and did look inviting. The room has a double bed with clean bed linen, plenty of pillows, a table, two chairs and a view over lake Argentino, a flat TV screen by Samsung, refrigerator with Mini bar, in room safe and ample closet space,

Bathroom : was clean, well lit, a tub / shower combination, hot water, W/C & Bidet, clean bath-towels & hairdryer

Check -in was handled very professional and friendly, and we received assistance with our language to the room which is very much appreciated. ….We had breakfast the following morning at 5:00 AM with departure scheduled at 5:30 AM and this went very punctual as well, no problems here.

We had Dinner in the Hotel-Restaurant, by 6:00 PM and enjoyed the “ grilled Salmon “ it was delicious. On our second visit we had all our meals there too and were pleased with the quality of the food and service which was friendly.

Breakfast: there is a large Breakfast Buffet being offered, we found plenty of food items to enjoy.. the only gripe we have , which we shared with the lady at the front desk, it is not fair to have just one waitress for heavy duty breakfast ( when the Hotel is busy ) , the waitress was working hard , I observed her, never lazy, she just was not able to clean the dirty tables, reset them and replenish the buffet… this is just too much to ask… when you have close to 40 people in the breakfast room , you are asking for trouble, bad planing my dear management. Wake up and give this young lady help and do not aggravate your paying customers. On our last day, finally three wait-staff were on duty during breakfast. Congratulations…

On our second visit we were in room 139 … a room with a King Size Bed… it was clean and had the same features as room 109… The staff is very friendly here and if we are in Patagonia again we certainly will stay at the Alto Calfate Hotel Patagonia again… keep up the good work, by the way the Bell-staff was very accommodating too. We enjoyed our stay here and slept well too…

Room Tip: we stayed in Room 109 & 139... and bathrooms are in good condition
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelesIdea, e-commerce dept. at Alto Calafate Hotel Patagonico, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2018

This is a great luxury hotel 5 minutes before the town of El Calafate when arriving from the airport. It is large, spacious and very welcoming.

Due to the high winds, the hotel have closed off the main entrance door to the lobby, so use the side door on the left (2m away), but hang on to it when you enter !! it really really is windy

It has a large spa area, with heated pools, saunas showers, and you can book and pay for any amount of massages

If you are without children, i suggest you book the suite, its huge, modern, clean and spacious (with loads of hotel freebies) and views of the lake.

If you are with kids, the pool is huge, and there are gardens to walk around

The hotel offers a free 5 min shuttle bus into town, and will drop you anywhere on the main road. It runs every hour and was perfect for us. We used it twice a day every day for 3 days. Totally on time and reliable

The morning breakfast is excellent compared to many other places in Argentina. Lots of cakes, biscuits, bacon, eggs, pancakes, fruit, ham, cheese and much more. Obviously time it right so that the egg and bacon heater isn't empty when you arrive. And if it is, just ask for more. The staff are very accommodating.

Try the restaurant in the evening too, start off with a cocktail, followed by the bbq lamb. delicious.

Many people have put on negative reviews of this hotel. Dont forget that you are in South America and you can't compare the standards to Europe. Yes some aspects of this hotel need a facelift. Some of the wood in the spa needs replacing, and the pool area needs to be cleaned thoroughly early every morning from the massacre of moths from the night before etc etc.

Learn a few spanish phrases and the staff are very accommodating, everything we asked for (yes in spanish) was done/changed/delivered without a problem. Any problems, call on the bellboy in the lobby, he speaks English, as do some of the receptionists

We made the most of the spa, the suite, the shuttle bus, the restaurant, the cocktails, the room service when we weren't trekking on the glacier. We had a great 3 days in Alto Calafate Hotel and felt thoroughly relaxed when we left

Book it, you will love it. Especially if you want to relax after trekking around the glacier/mountains etc

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
HotelesIdea, depto e-commerce at Alto Calafate Hotel Patagonico, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Ruth,

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a really good place to stay in El Calafate. I was slightly alarmed by some of the reviews I read before staying there but having now stayed there twice for a total of four nights we were really happy with it.

From a location perspective it is out of town but the compensation is the great view over the town and Lago Argentino that you get from most of the rooms and the restaurant and lobby. There’s a free shuttle every hour to and from town or it takes 35 minutes or so to walk (which we did some times). You need to reserve a seat on the way into town but not on the way back.

The pool is nice. Indoors and heated with good views. Around 20m long I would say. There is a small gym with a treadmill, some free weights and also a massage/spa which we didn’t try. Rooms are a reasonable size with a shower/bath and large, comfortable beds. Staff were helpful with recommendations and making dinner reservations. Wifi worked pretty well most of the time, and was just about ok (better than most we tried in Patagonia).

Like most hotels we have found in Patagonia breakfast was pretty poor. It seems to be the same format with a limited buffet of quite poor quality food and scrambled eggs and bacon being the only hot options. Croissants were pretty sad as was the bread. Only the fruit and the coffee were up to scratch for a four star hotel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Segaria226

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We had a nice 3 night stay at this hotel. The staff is friendly, the restaurant is good and the views are great.
However, the rooms are in need of a good update and carpet clean. We changed our room because the first one smelled badly.
The spa area is beautifully built with 2 pools. They probably needed a bit of care, but all in all we enjoyed them very much.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
HotelesIdea, e-commerce officer at Alto Calafate Hotel Patagonico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear Sabriconga,

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback! your complaints are being given our fullest attention

Regards
e-commerce officer

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Up until last night, I was going to give the hotel 3 stars for location, polite staff, and the shuttle. Then this morning, I went to check out and noticed they had charged me twice.
My stay was prepaid. So the card on file was only for incidentals. Instead, the clerk at the front desk charged my card for the entire stay again. They realized their mistake, and attempted a refund, but only returned me everything but $50 USD. Also I was supposed to get a refund for the VAT, and that never showed up. When I approached the front desk about the issue, all three of them recognized their mistake, but their solution was for me to contact my bank and dispute it. Unbelievable. They make a mistake and I am supposed to waste my time fighting with my bank. They all saw the charge on my phone and the inaccurate refund, but like everything else, they simply did the "nod", and nothing else. So Now I have to complain with hotel management and dispute with my credit card company.

Secondly, the hotel advertises free wifi. It never works. Never. We saw countless upset guests, because they could not connect. This despite the fact that their own internet at the front desk was working. They advertise internet, but don't offer it, so they should give customers a refund or discount.

Thirdly, the shuttle to town is very convenient. However, as we found out on the last night, they randomly require guests to "book" the shuttle with tickets. When you check in, no one tells you about the shuttle ticket. My wife and I used it 4 times. On the last night we decided to go downtown for dinner and the driver decided he was going to ask for tickets. Fortunately, I ran back in and got them right away, but another family of 4 was not and had to miss the shuttle.

We asked for a reservation to the Iasabel twice! and then third time I went down to the lobby, only to find out that no one did.

Breakfast is a joke. Everything runs out before 8. Good luck.

If you try to go to the pool, you need to provide them with a security for towel and bath robe, else they will charge you. I have never heard of a hotel with a pool that won't give towels. The hot tub is barely hot with the water fountain running only when the staff realizes they forgot to turn it on. One of the glass panels is all cracked up, only to risk guests injury.

The hotel has a lot of potential, but unfortunately the staff is poorly trained and there is simply no excuse for overcharging the customers.

I would not recommend this place. Now I have to waste my time getting my money back because they made a mistake.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alam555
HotelesIdea, e-commerce dept. at Alto Calafate Hotel Patagonico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear alam555,

First at all, we really apologize about the bad experience, your complaints are being given our fullest attention and we regret for any issues that you may have had during your stay in the Alto Calafate Hotel.

Regards