I spent 4 nights here in January. All packages are inclusive. This is a very high class hotel - and a wonderfully relaxing retreat. Rooms are large and delightful (with no TV!). There is a real feeling of space and intimacy in the hotel. All guests are addressed by their first name, which is instantly learnt and remembered. There are only 17 rooms. Views (at least mine) are wonderful - miles and miles towards the Andes and Chile, with not a house in sight. The trip organisation (there are plenty of options) is exemplary, but can be pricey. My last day entailed a (wet) 4h trek up Mount Fitzroy, nearly 3h drive away, for which I was charged US$350 for my individual driver. The restaurant is beautiful and the food (limited choices obviously) matches it. There is an air of quiet competence and efficiency about the place. Access to the local town (Calafate) is not easy - and perhaps not really encouraged - but it's worth a morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit, Relais & Chateaux, is located within an "estancia" of 4,000 hectares (10,000 acres) between El Calafate, Argentina, and the Perito Moreno Glacier. With only 17 room, it offers the most exclusive accommodation of the area with a remarkably complete experience, affording a comfortable and luxurious window onto Patagonian life. Eolo.... Luxury of the simple thing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eolo - Patagonia`s Spirit Hotel El Calafate
- EOLO - Patagonia's Spirit - Relais & Chateaux El Calafate