1,356 results
All reviewsnice hoteleconomy roomname impliesnot hesitate to recommend this hotelview roomlovely laketiny windowminute walkbase for exploringdifferent optionsopen the windowrestaurants and shopsview of the lakethe main streetdesk staffscrambled eggs and baconpura vida
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were great and very helpful. Very clean and has all the amenities for a comfortable stay. The room can get very warm and the only way you can cool it down a bit is to open the window. Best are the heated floors in the bathroom as it can get quite cold in El Calafate

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 1Lyf3_1W0rld
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My room had a large soaking tub, bidet and toilet, daybed/seating by the window and fast wifi, and the only other thing I noticed was that the TV had less SAP audio available than Buenos Aires, which is probably that way for the whole city. The receptionist was great and answered all my questions in English about the breakfast, packed lunches, dinner discounts. What surprised me pleasantly was that he had an information packet about my tour from my tour company for the following day that included the pick-up time. I suppose I didn't expect the hotel to be so involved with the tour companies. We were getting picked up by the tour bus and the location lended itself to being the last pickup so we got an hour more sleeping time than those that were picked up first. The receptionist also informed me that tour pickups can be delayed up to 45 minutes due to picking up others first and that the drivers will come inside and ask for you by name, so that put me at ease to know I'm not going to get left behind if I didn't recognize the tour bus. We had a great dinner in the restaurant of wine, lamb pie, empanadas, and pork ribs. We then ordered our packed lunch for the tour after dinner (as long as it's before 10 PM) in the morning as well so we did that and picked it up in the morning after our breakfast. Breakfast was lovely with a nice selection of breads, pastries, hot food and bagged teas including Yerba Mate. I wish I had the chance to try the hotel's Yerba Mate service promotion but we didn't get the chance. Overall it was a fabulous customer experience for our tour - it was a great cohesive experience between the hotel and the tour.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mrsfoxcat
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a really nicely refurbished hotel. I stayed with a friend and we both got queen sized beds.
Pros :
-WiFi was great and super fast
-amenities were great
-large breakfast selection
-spacious

Cons:
Need another blanket for the room since it was quite cold at night in winter.

The other huge con for me was that there was one short receptionist (about early 30s) with glasses and a beard who was very rude throughout our stay. Did not help with our luggage up the stairs nor greet us on arrival and was curt and when we asked questions. Acted like we didn't deserve his time or effort and had a lot of attitude. This spoilt our experience. Never got his name but since it's a small town I'm sure he will be easily recognisable. I think management needs to do some extra training in manners and hospitality for him. On the other hand the tall, bearded older man was extremely nice (he looked like the owner). He helped us with the luggage on the last day while the younger man stood watching and talking to his colleague.
Overall, we enjoyed all other aspects of our stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank lucy l
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We booked this hotel through Say Hueque, who planned our Patagonian tour. This hotel was listed as a mid-range property. It had everything we needed. The staff was friendly and spoke English very well. The room and bed were comfortable; the bathroom was attractively tiled with up-to-date fixtures. Weather in February is spring-like, but one night we did open the window to get cool air. (No AC) The included breakfast was extensive: eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, many rolls, pastries, granola, yogurt, ham, juices, coffee, and more. We enjoyed a relaxing morning overlooking the lake before our tours each day. We did not eat other meals here because of the timing of the tours, but we did walk 4 blocks along the main road to restaurants late in the evening (after 8 pm). The lake is across the divided highway and there is a walkway along the shore for bird-watching. The distance to town and many steps leading up to the hotel and to some rooms means this may not be the place for someone who is not very mobile or who uses a wheelchair. I don't remember using the internet due to our schedule, but we did have cell service. (T-Mobile)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lives2Travel2Live
Sinergia S, Gerente at Hotel Mirador del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear guest,
We are deeply committed to provide our guests the best experience possible in the Hotel, and we are pleased to know you had a comfortable and enjoyable staying.
We hope to welcome you back again.
Regards.

Jorge Ponce
Gerente Operativo
Tremun Hoteles.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Very good experience. The room was very good, bed was comfortable and bathroom satisfactory with enough hot water. The only problem is that the hot at night was unbearable. The hotel should have considered to have an ac in place. We tried to open the window but the noise from main street made us close it again. Breakfast met our needs and had enough variety. Receptionists were friendly explanatory and helped us a lot picking and arranging excursions. I recommend this place!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Sinergia S, Gerente at Hotel Mirador del Lago, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear guest,
Hotel staff appreciate the time you had to write your personal opinion. We are pleased to know we have accomplished your expectations, it encourage us to keep working on improving the quality service we provide.
We hope to welcome you back again.
Regards.