“Erosioan and prehistoric environment”

La Leona Petrified Forest
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 169.00*
and up
La Leona Petrified Forest Hiking Tour from El Calafate
Ranked #17 of 58 things to do in El Calafate
Reviewed 19 March 2016

beautifull environment nice ride and very interesting. always facinating how erosion shapes landscape. Nice to drive through Patagonia and see the wildlife there.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I went to the "Bosque Petrificado" about a week ago for some trekking. The place is not only a desertic area, but also a paleontological site where you can find dinosaurs' remains and different types of fossiles. Be sure to carry enough water, food, light clothes as well as sun block and a hat to protect yourself from the sun. Absolutely worth it!

Reviewed 26 January 2016

While Kayaking the Rio La Leona, we stopped halfway for a stroll into these badlands, the 'petrified forest'. It was raining and extremely slippery so we could only walk between the hills through the mud. Besides the unique flora it is quite an interesting experience and sight to walk through. Reminded me a bit of the 'hoodoos' I have seen in Drumheller & BANF, Canada. Lots of picture opportunities. Worth a visit, but try a dry day!

Reviewed 1 January 2016

I drove into the area. You turn off the main road opposite the La Leona Paradores and station, and drive about 10km on an unmade road that sometimes is easy to drive and sometimes fully of rocks that require care to avoid damaging tyres. There is also a hazardous looking bridge to cross before you get to the area where the gullies start. I walked about 3 km (in and back) in the rain. I was sliding around on the slippery muddy sections but I did see some of the petrified tree stones. As the rain got worse I gave up before I caused myself any serious harm. Good that my car had rubber mats because I could not avoid carrying a lot of mud back into the car. Avoid this on a rainy day!

1  Thank PhotoRAMBLER5
Reviewed 8 December 2015

It is a time travel, discovering hide treasures. Feel the spirit of Indiana Jones!! Unforgettable and highly recommended!!

1  Thank Ignacane