See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 January 2015

The place and the experience of staying here are unbelievable. The wonderful service, the decoration, the facilities, the location, the scenery, the home made food and everything it has to offer is truly priceless! All topped with a cozy, homey feel that makes it totally unique. The value for price is exceptional. A place to stay over and over again.

El lugar y la experiencia que ofrece son alucinantes. La impecable atención, la decoración de las habitaciones, el equipamiento, la ubicación, el paisaje, la comida casera y todo lo que tiene para ofrecer no tiene precio! Todo con una sensación y un gustito a hogar que hace que sea único. Relación precio/valor excepcional. Es para quedarse una y otra vez.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Millaqueo is a perfect paradise located in Bariloche. It is so incredibly beautiful you cannot believe it. It is so peaceful and tranquil. I am convinced it is the most beautiful spot in Bariloche with the most amazing hosts. I stayed with a girlfriend there in the beginning of December and we pretty much had the place to ourselves. There was one other couple who stayed for one night. It is so beautiful and so perfectly located you do not need to leave. It is located directly on the lake and behind it is an incredible famous hiking trail with a 360 view on all the lakes and mountains. Just outside the lodges grounds you can walk around to little private coves and beaches. You definitely need a car to go out to dinner, but you can also eat dinner there, completely homemade and fresh. One night the wonderful owner, Martin, even cooked for us. That said, the lunches and dinners there are pretty expensive, but worth it if you don't want to go out. There are some very good restaurants near by (driving) and it's just as easy to drive into town to eat (30 min drive).

I have very high standards when it comes to lodging and I am meticulous when it comes to selecting my lodgings. I prefer something high end, but intimate. I do not like big lodges and believe me, we had lunch at the famous lodge in the area and it is nothing compared to Millaqueo.

Martin the owner and Florencia who works the front desk were so helpful. I felt like I was a friend in his home rather than a hotel desk. Such warm hospitality.

The lodge not only lived up to the photos...it was better. I cannot recommend this place enough. I am so looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SiempreVerano
Reviewed 10 November 2014

Words cannot describe how amazing this property is and how wonderful our stay was.

Situated in the middle of a national park, this unique location is the perfect getaway. Surrounded by nature and backing up to a lake, the lodge is warm, cozy, and beautifully/tastefully decorated.

The service was superb. Martin and his staff made us feel comfortable, at home, and completely taken care of. They were high-touch without being intrusive.

Martin (the owner) is an absolute legend. Nice, smart, and interesting guy who is truly passionate about hosting people and making sure they have the best experience.

Martin is a native and knows all the best spots/activities. He arranged for bike and kayak rentals, and gave great recommendations for activities during the day.

The food was unreal. Some of the best dinners we had during our 2 week trip to Argentina. High quality ingredients and prepared by Martin or professional chefs he hires to cook for guests.

This place is higher-end, but for sure worth it. We splurged for 3 nights in the master suite at the end of our trip and it was the perfect way to unwind and relax.

Cannot recommend this spot enough. Thank you so much Martin! We can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Spring for the master suite. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This is one of the nicest places we ever stayed in, we felt like it was a huge indulgence. The lodge and rooms are very clean, the grounds are well maintained, breakfast was delicious every morning. Sharon and Lucas were so accommodating and respectful of privacy, we actually miss them! I really can't promote them enough. It is a little out of the way but well worth it. If you stay there, you are situated right next to Circuito Chico so you can enjoy this circuit biking and hiking. There is a great restaurant not too far called Aashi, only open weds-sun. There is another very small town near by named Colonia Suzia, you can bike there or just enjoy the grounds of Millaqueo! It is a 15/20 min drive out of the center of town, so something you have to consider but who wants to be close to the center anyway?! Bariloche is a cute town but a little crowded with tourists, students, etc...The pictures on their website say it all, check them out!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NewYorkTravelMore
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I spent a week with my parents at Millaqueo, and it was absolutely stunning. We still reflect on it as perhaps the best shared week of our lives! The property is absolutely spectacular - expansive lawn, super secluded, peaceful, bursting with fresh flowers. The rooms are spotless and full of light. I spent many afternoons out on the hotel's private dock, which had an incredible view of the mountains. Martin and Brigitte were lovely hosts - warm, welcoming, attentive, and generally just a pleasure to spend time with. I stayed in Buenos Aires after my parents returned to the U.S. and they were both incredibly generous with their offers to answer any questions I may have. I think about that week at Millaqueo constantly and cannot wait to return one day! I recommend it without reservation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family