All reviews small restaurant hotel feels charming hotel recommend this hotel colonial style bars and restaurants wifi connection a wonderful stay our room was spacious excellent location reception area walking distance minute walk main plaza central location two nights square
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

An unassuming entrance more than offset by wonderful front of house staff particularly Xavier.
Nothing too much trouble and all advice proved excellent
Room absolutely spotless and sheets changed daily with turn down at night
Location close to everything worth seeing
One tiny criticism was no vegetarian option on dinner menu
Highly recommended

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
AyresSalta, Gerente at Hotel Solar de la Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear guest

We really appreciate your kind comments about Solar de la Plaza Hotel.

We will consider your suggestion of the vegetarian menu!!

Hope to see you soon in Salta

Reviewed 25 March 2018

My partner and I stayed her in February

We found this to be a lovely hotel, with quite exceptional staff. The upgrade to room 42 on our return from the North was very much appreciated, as it is a really lovely, large room.

Breakfast could have been a little more imaginative, but that is a small criticism given that we had such a wonderful stay. The hotel is closely located to many bars and restaurants but far enough away for this not to create a noise nuisance. In fact, we had 3 very quiet nights sleep in this lovely place.

Desk staff were keen to help us with money changing and even went out of their way to research the best rates and go out and make the transactions on our behalf, which was certainly well beyond our expectations and very much appreciated.

Having stayed in many hotels around the world, what marks out superiority for us is the response of its staff on the rare occasion when a problem arises. In this case, the misunderstanding about the location of an item of luggage turned out to be entirely my fault, when I found the offending item neatly packed at the bottom of my case, on the following day (and of course, l Iet the hotel know of my mistake, apologising profusely).

However, at the time I reported my error of memory wasn't known to either of us and I can only say that the professionalism of the management's response was utterly exemplary! They couldn't have been more apologetic or more intent on getting to the bottom of the issue, which was greatly appreciated by both of us. I think the very least I can do is to commend the staff highly for the way in which they responded to my "problem" and for their utter professionalism and empathy, which speaks volumes about the excellent staff training and customer focus here!

Thank you so much for a truly wonderful and memorable stay in your fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: Room 42 was large and sumptuous; a great choice
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
AyresSalta, Gerente at Hotel Solar de la Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear guest

We really appreciate your kind comments and hope that if you and your partner return to Salta we can have the chance to see you again in Solar de la Plaza Hotel.

Regards from all the staff

Reviewed 5 February 2018

This hotel feels and looks special. The rooms are big and well presented. Pool on rooftop is lovely. There are only three things that bring it down, the VERY noisy doors to all the rooms, my god what a racket. We hardly slept. Eventually quietened down around 1am and started at 6.this would be easily remedied and I don’t understand why a superb hotel like this have not sorted this.
Secondly, the restaurant food is mediocre. Thirdly the breakfast is pretty mundane.
Otherwise this is really a beautiful hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

We really appreciate your comments about our facilities and hope to see you again soon by Salta.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stayed here three nights split in one night and then two nights. We were given the same room and was clean and spacious. It is great location and city square is walking distance. There were large markets on the week end just in front of the hotel. The staff were helpful and very courteous and fixed the wifi connection immediately.

The BF was good and simple. They were happy to give us an early BF so that we could start our tour early. We had Italian food for dinner one evening and was very good. Definitely recommend this hotel when you are in Salta.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Indaus

Dear guest

We really appreciate your kind comments about Solar de la Plaza Hotel.

Hope to see you soon in Salta

Reviewed 22 January 2018

this hotel is charming, an old fashioned building and antique furniture, but with modern facilities. the staff exceeded expectations, in particular the concierge who was beyond kind and helpful and even managed to book an hairdresser for me on a Sunday evening.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest

We appreciate your kind comments and hope to see you soon in Salta and to help you again with an hairdresser (or whoever... :)) if you need it .