“DISGUSTING & CREEPY!”

Blaine, Minnesota
“DISGUSTING & CREEPY!”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Also Known As - Knights Inn Mesa

This hotel is not meant for human inhabitants! The rooms are dirty and in poor repair. Our bed had a HUGE hole torn in the box spring, there was a large red stain on the carpet, the windows had no screens, the A/C didn't shut off when it got the room cooled down to the selected temperature. The Ice machine was broken in 80 degree weather, there was no soap in our bathroom, and both rolls of toilet paper were water damaged and rust stained! We had to go buy our own at the convenience store downt the street. The "front desk" staff was lazy and rude. My 14 year old went to the front desk to get more pillows as ours were little more than just a pillowcase. Two hours later I called them and they never sent the request to housekeeping. When the pillows were delivered, the lady handed me two pillows and two pillowcases...they didnt even put them in the cases! LAZY!!
There was no iron available and the "continental breakfast" consisted of cheap nasty coffee and granola bars! We also came back from lunch with family to find two police squad cars blocking the enterance to our hotel and four people in handcuffs and sitting on the curb! The other occupants of the hotel were very creepy and seedy. As two women traveling alone, we felt VERY unsafe in this hotel! I will NEVER EVER reccommend this disgusting pit to anyone!

Room Tip: Try the Marriot in Mesa instead!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank candysglassesrock
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2011

I stayed here with my son for a week of R&R of golf and spring training. While it was better than a park bench, not by much... You do get a fairly clean bed and (ok) maid service each day, as well as free internet, that is the good stuff.

Breakfast is OJ and granola bars (I had to ask for these to be replenished every single day). The wall behind bathroom door was used as a Kleenex (if you know what I mean). I did ask to have it cleaned and was refused. It was very noisy all night long.

My advice would be to drive up and down Main street and get a better deal. This place is not recommended.

No microwave or refrigerators.

Room Tip: Keep looking
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank PastorJeff

Travellers are raving about these Mesa hotels

Katherine, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I was a litte worried with the previous reviews, but we stayed anyway. They had a little problem with our reservation through travelocity. We asked for a non-smoking room, but they only had a smoking room. Besides the faint smell, it wasn't so bad.

The room had some things that needed fixed (drain plug in tub, toilet seat wiggled, bathroom door wouldn't shut, dead batteries in remote, and you had to play with the bolt lock to get it to work). On the plus side there was fast internet and the room was clean.

We paid about $50 a night (stayed two nights). I guess you get what you pay for. Honestly it wasn't so bad, would probably stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
florida
Reviewed 20 March 2010

Stay here if its a last resort. The rooms are small and there is nothing, I mean nothing, no soap , no shampoo , no hair dryer......Lucky we had towels. and I think the light was burned out, the high speed didn't work, thay had a bunch of excuses, but I dropped it

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpb56
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 6 November 2006

I was traveling by myself for a wedding and stayed here for two nights. I expected more when I pulled up and was concerned about the neighborhood but the whole city of Mesa is pretty run down.

The room was fine though, good size, had the basics. I wasn't impressed by the long black hairs I found in every "clean" towel and the flies that I couldn't get out of the room.

The only other issue is that the police and paramedics showed up to the room next to mine and pulled out a pretty sick man and took him to the hospital. This did not make me feel any safer and considering the neighborhood it could have been drug related...

I would stay there again though if it was just a night or two...

• Liked — The price!
  • Disliked — The security
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo