“Reputation Well Warranted...”

Blue Adobe Sante Fe Grille
Ranked #5 of 1,007 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A hidden gem located blocks away from the Mesa Art Center and all downtown Mesa has to offer.
Reviewed 8 March 2016

My only Southwestern dining experiences (other than feeble attempts at home) have been here, and the rogue spin-off in Scottdale. While I can't say it's the finest New Mex in the area, I can emphatically state it's the finest I have had--New Mexico being one of only two states I have never been to. What separates this one from the Scottsdale one, though, is their red sauce. Authentic may be an over used word to describe it, but I would surmise the chefs probably spent time, or lived, in New Mexico to make it just right. It's subtle, yet punches your senses at the same time, and has almost a 'tobacco-y' finish that's tough to describe. Glorious. I very much liked their take on crab cakes with a Southwestern flair, which was far removed from traditional cakes I grew up enjoying in the Northeast. The evening was made perfect by sharing it with beloved foodie-friends, and families. It made each and every bite of the evening extra special. I am already looking forward to next year's experience...

1  Thank gcleff11

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

It took us awhile to get in but it was worth the wait. The service was good, the food was great, and the prices were fair. I'll be back!

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Went there because it was rated high on trip advisor. The wait was 30 minutes and it took all of that. We were instructed to wait outside, never informed of all the empty, available bar stools inside. When we were called and shown to our table the waiter came over fairly quickly and don't even tell us us his name. The drinks came quickly and food was delicious and served fairly quickly. The bus boy was excellent as he kept our water glasses full, seemed that he cared more than the waiter. The waiter didn't come back to check on us or see if we wanted more drinks. The carafe of margaritas was tasty. The only person to check on us seemed to be the manager who was busy helping bus and a variety of other tasks. Overall the food was tasty and the drinks good but service from our waiter was certainly lacking. The service from the rest of the staff was satisfactory. Would eat there again but customer device stands improvement.

1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Blue Adobe is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is excellent and the menu is creative and unique. The green chili corn chowder is to die for.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

If you want a Santa Fe experience in Mesa this I'd the place to be. Good service, great food and good people watching (at least when we were there) . I like the red and green enchiladas. A bit spicy but good. Sopapillas are great.