“good authentic food, clean, but not great for service”
Review of Korean BBQ

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Korean BBQ
Ranked #657 of 980 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Barbecue, Korean
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The food was quite good. We had bul-gogi and pork bul-goki and the marinade was authentic and it tasted good. The pork bul-gogi was marinated with the Korean chile paste and had a nice kick to it. If you aren't familiar with Korean BBQ, you might struggle because the attention by the staff wasn't great. They cranked the burner up too high and didn't cut any of the meat so we had to jump in and turn the gas down and cut the meat ourselves. They didn't get the used platters out of the way quite fast enough, and you have to be careful not to get something you're trying to eat in the raw plate. But the side dishes are good and the had a leek pancake (Jun) that was amazing. And the Kim chee was great and marinated egg ban-chan was also really good. I live here locally and hadn't been here for a few years - no particular reason except I think the same issue with service, but I did notice this time the portion of meat was much better than before. We shared some "yook ke jang", the red shredded beef soup. It was quite good but different from what I've had in Korea or at other area Korean restaurants. One other oddity is that they have the disposable wooden chopsticks, not the normal metal Korean style. Normally that wouldn't make much difference but with a hot BBQ and raw meat around, I greatly prefer the metal ones, and we didn't have a second tongs to manage the meat after it was cooking. I think this is the only place left in the southeast valley that has Korean BBQ, and it's clean and good enough, so I'll be back.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

There was only one waitress when we ate here. She was nice, but didn't have time to help us cook. The restaurant is large and has a Karaoke area. The seating and surroundings are very simple.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

My first time in a Korean restaurant. The restaurant was not busy at all and I ask for help in deciding what to have to the waitress that was very kind and eager to explain their Korean dishes. We choose the "Bul Gogi". A dish with shredded beef sauteed with onions and some flavors and served in top of cabbage pieces. The meat was tasty. The combination for my taste so so.
Before they serve a small salad that is included in the price of green lettuce and few soy beans sprouts seasoned with sesame oil that was good.
In the side of the "Bul Gogi" they serve seven small samples of different things, mostly vegetables. Some of them were not prepare in the kitchen, but bought outside frozen or in a jar. A fritter of vegetables, this made in the kitchen, was good. I did not care much about the other samples. Evidently is possible than in other Korean restaurants they are better, not possible for me to compare being the first time in a Korean restaurant,
I order a green ice tea and was excellent. They use a powder green tea and was well prepare, merit of the waitress in this case.
The ambiance needs a lot of improvement and some investment from part of the owners.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Went for dinner thinking it might be something worth trying. Huge mistake. The food was ok but the place wasn't the cleanest. Not that it was dirty just looked run down. Service was ok. We personally won't go back.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I always had an interest to try Korean BBQ and there was a place down the road from the hotel I was staying at. Once I walked in, I knew I was in new experience as I did smell any BBQ and the place was empty. The waitress was very quiet and hard to hear but a requested something not so spicy. What I got was something that reminded me of Philly cheese steak sandwich. I received 6 different sides along with rice and finished all but two of them. If you bring someone who has been there before and knows the ropes. Other wise you will be as clueless as I was.